Genesis reformed

Apart from the astonishing news that it seems Phil has risen yet again, I have to say that the thought of Genesis touring has seen me refuse to even look for handwash soap.

And you can stick your face mask up your arse too.

Fair play to Phil though, I kinda knew he might ressurect again, and he has. My only concern is who will take over welcoming newly deceased celebs into Heavens Green Room.

Hearing the news of Genesis are back playing, has led to flashbacks of sitting in my mates house way back, as he tried to convince me they were good.

What do you think of this one?

Shite

You'll love this,

No I won't. And if I do I will kill myself.

Sadly he went missing that year never to be seen again.

No one has ever been charged for his vanishing. Just one of those things. Probably.
Maybe he is up on Salisbury Hill?

Normally I would invite you outside for that kinda thinking, but, in this instance I have to agree.

I am afraid you will both be disappointed. Due to the shock to the economy it far to expensive to do that kind of thing.

In any case Boris is hoping that the current outbreak will cull a decent number of peasants across the home nations.

Dont forget if we all pull together we will come through it....Come on lets get it done.

Yeah, hope they don't tarnish their legacy. It'll be a rehash of the 2007 tour without the difficult Drumming songs, eg Firth of Fifth, Los Endos, which was really a rehash of the 86/87 Invisible Touch tour, so expect more Hold On My Heart, In Too Deep, Follow You Follow Me type songs, hope I'm wrong but Phil quoted as saying 'there are a few old Dogs that won't running' suggest I'm not.

Saw Phil trying to resurrect his career on some TV show a year back and he was awful I'm afraid. No way they'll do any of the stuff with power vocals unless it's covered by three screeching backing vocalists.

If you want to witness this, go ahead, but it's sad ...

Sweet baby Jesus Mary and Joseph that is beyond the grain young Philip. You just shattered my dreams, illusions and reunial hope all in a 3:38 segment. He also won't be drumming as his back is completely shot at so if these gigs are to go ahead it will be with his son Nic drumming away on his behalf.

hjbADuX.jpg

I have no desire to derail Phill's Back From The Dead Tour but it's fair to say that all olden folk lose Mojo as they age however some of them mature like a fine wine and will still be warbling as they lower them in the ground. Have a listen to Jon Anderson who is a very very olden man yet can still put a canary to shame. Seventy Five years of age and last year just cracked out his 15th new album called 1000 hands. And all this after severe respiratory failure and chronic asthma.. Some codgers simply refuse to lay down and die and Anderson from the leafy shires of Accrington fits well within that mould and so thanks for 50 years of making me happy.

Last edited:
Sweet baby Jesus Mary and Joseph that is beyond the grain young Philip. You just shattered my dreams, illusions and reunial hope all in a 3:38 segment. He also won't be drumming as his back is completely shot at so if these gigs are to go ahead it will be with his son Nic drumming away on his behalf.

hjbADuX.jpg

I have no desire to derail Phill's Back From The Dead Tour but it's fair to say that all olden folk lose Mojo as they age however some of them mature like a fine wine and will still be warbling as they lower them in the ground. Have a listen to Jon Anderson who is a very very olden man yet can still put a canary to shame. Seventy Five years of age and last year just cracked out his 15th new album called 1000 hands. And all this after severe respiratory failure and chronic asthma.. Some codgers simply refuse to lay down and die and Anderson from the leafy shires of Accrington fits well within that mould and so thanks for 50 years of making me happy.His new album is a fusion of majestic virtuosity and spiritual depth .. and so without further to do here for your kind perusal is a few of my favourite tracks.

Make me Happy ..
Old Geezer Cheesy, but Kool in it's genetic makeup.

Come Up.. and I have to say a very nice composition from olden Jon with lots of fluffy Roger Dean floaty Atmosherics going off in the background. This track has legs and if I had some then I would be trotting of to yonder hill for some nippled mushies!

Good stuff. I guess some singers just lose it earlier than others and his health is obviously playing a part but in Phil's case the way he sings (e.g.) the lines "There's nothing left here to remind me" and "You coming back to me" at 1:40 and 1:56 respectively defines his voice for me and if it isn't there then I don't see the point.

Or this ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.