George Baldock

Awful news, it was only about this time last year that the actor from friends was found passed away in his pool,

So so sad, am sure Sheffield United we give him the best of tributes, rest easy young lion,

Terrible news, sorry for all those who knew him.

Whenever I'd seen Sheffield United the last few years, I'd been struck by how bad they were, but liked George as a player. He stood out to me with his effort, toughness and ability. Had expected him to be able to stay in the Prem, I'm sure he will have had offers, but can't blame anyone for wanting to try a different country. RIP.

Awful news.

I just saw a story on Instagram from BBC Sheffield, a young boys mum told a wonderful story. Her son had been invited to the club because he was a Sheffield United supporter. They had been trying to raise money for a defiblirator that the young boy could take to matches because he had heart problems. George Baldock paid for the defiblirator out of his own pocket so the lad could continue playing. The young boy went on to score the winning penalty to gain promotion for his team. Heaven gained another angel.

Was shocked when I saw this in the week, my best m8 at work is a Blade and obviously we always want the other to lose, but we have a mutual respect as we know how shit both clubs have been over the past 25 years.

Baldock was part of Wilder's team who came up from League 1 & within 2 seasons were in the PL. That first season they finished 9th, but I think Covid knocked the momentum out of them, the delayed season after they were terrible and were relegated.

He always came across as a good guy, their fans loved him and even though it probably needed to happen sad when he left in the summer.

31 is no age, RIP George

That's a nice gesture. Would Greece have an equivalent of the PFA? Hopefully, he was paying into a pension, either a private one or the union run one?
It is a nice gesture, as long as it's implemented...

Some other stuff weren't particularly nice though. There's a media guy (I'm sure he calls himself a journalist) running a TV show in the morning, who fucked up big time the following day. With George dead, that asshole spent the whole show making a lifestyle case, if I've understood correctly. Providing info and photos, discussing how expensive the area he lived was, the luxuries of his house, the amount of the rent, and so on...

I trust my source 100% (which is the reason I'm posting this), but there is no way I'm going to do any research myself, like googling it, searching for material in Youtube or whatever, not in a million years. I'm just not in the fucking mood for such shit. The thing is, it created a massive reaction from people, apparently forcing his employers to ask / order him to do something -which he did. The next day the cretin kept apologising again and again and again. But it was too late...

Following the match at Wembley, one of his teammates and captain of the national team went public asking for people in the media to show respect or fuck off. Now I'm hearing that the ****'s union is considering punishing him -but I wouldn't put any bets on that scenario. One thing is certain, he won't be able to walk in the street for a while...

Nothing else to say. A tragedy, and I'm shocked like everybody else. My thoughts with his family, his wife and his kid. RIP.

It is a nice gesture, as long as it's implemented...

Some other stuff weren't particularly nice though. There's a media guy (I'm sure he calls himself a journalist) running a TV show in the morning, who fucked up big time the following day. With George dead, that asshole spent the whole show making a lifestyle case, if I've understood correctly. Providing info and photos, discussing how expensive the area he lived was, the luxuries of his house, the amount of the rent, and so on...

I trust my source 100% (which is the reason I'm posting this), but there is no way I'm going to do any research myself, like googling it, searching for material in Youtube or whatever, not in a million years. I'm just not in the fucking mood for such shit. The thing is, it created a massive reaction from people, apparently forcing his employers to ask / order him to do something -which he did. The next day the cretin kept apologising again and again and again. But it was too late...

Following the match at Wembley, one of his teammates and captain of the national team went public asking for people in the media to show respect or fuck off. Now I'm hearing that the ****'s union is considering punishing him -but I wouldn't put any bets on that scenario. One thing is certain, he won't be able to walk in the street for a while...

Nothing else to say. A tragedy, and I'm shocked like everybody else. My thoughts with his family, his wife and his kid. RIP.
Not sure what that has to do with the point I raised, which you quoted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.