George Baldock

Not sure what that has to do with the point I raised, which you quoted.
First sentence is an indirect comment to the gesture you're referring to. The owner of the club, also a media man (he owns a TV channel, a newspaper etc) among other things, is not particularly famous for his generosity when it comes to money, their fans will be the first to confirm this. That's why I said hopefully the gesture will be implemented...

But for now it remains a nice gesture, and I sincerely hope that the club will honor its promise to George's wife. Which gave me the pass to write about a "gesture" in the exact opposite direction, anything but nice. So you have the contrast between the two gestures, following the man's death. That's it, nothing else to it, I thought it made sense...

If it bothers you I can cut the quote off, no problem...

First sentence is an indirect comment to the gesture you're referring to. The owner of the club, also a media man (he owns a TV channel, a newspaper etc) among other things, is not particularly famous for his generosity when it comes to money, their fans will be the first to confirm this. That's why I said hopefully the gesture will be implemented...

But for now it remains a nice gesture, and I sincerely hope that the club will honor its promise to George's wife. Which gave me the pass to write about a "gesture" in the exact opposite direction, anything but nice. So you have the contrast between the two gestures, following the man's death. That's it, nothing else to it, I thought it made sense...

If it bothers you I can cut the quote off, no problem...
No no, leave it alone. It doesn't "botherc me l; I was just curious how you managed to leap from my post any possible pension that George might have, into a full on rant about some guy in the media. Which he deserved, by the sound of things. What's his name, if you don't mind me asking?

No no, leave it alone. It doesn't "botherc me l; I was just curious how you managed to leap from my post any possible pension that George might have, into a full on rant about some guy in the media. Which he deserved, by the sound of things. What's his name, if you don't mind me asking?
Apologies for the delay Jim. Liagas, first name Giorgos (George). A TV persona running a show in a private channel, with lifestyle content. That's how, I imagine, it would be described in TV programs, even though I'm sure people like him, a "journalist" by the way, would use more ambitious words to describe their "work". Gossip, celebrities, interviews with actors / actresses participating in TV shows / series, stuff like that...

One of so many nobodies out there making fortunes by selling shit. Unfortunately George is no longer with us to defend himself, positive thing is that his teammates did it for him. A genuinely nice guy, everybody mentioned his quality as a human being. RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.