George Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knev – I have some sympathy with your views but you are starting to sound like a stuck record. It is true that we have brought through very few players into the squad for any consistent period but you need to accept some context on the first team squad.

We hit the money in 2008 and the first wave of signings across 2008 / 9 /10 were very much transitional – we had to settle for what we could get and that meant the likes of Adebayour and Robinho etc, some good players but not all round good characters. We got these rough items alongside the smooth (Komps, Zaba, Silva etc). Since then we have been refining the squad that was carrying some bad apples and dead wood, bringing in better players then moving others out. As a result we have had a big squad for a number of years with 2 senior players for each position and some extras. We have had players we have invested in and given them a few years but ultimately looked to move them on (i.e. Rodwell, Jovetic, Nastcic etc), many out on loan with other clubs pending moves away. All this activity has been ongoing while we have been establishing ourselves as serial top 4 finishers and title contenders and under the threat of FFP. A period of change unprecedented in living memory for city fans. It has left little room for youth players although a handful each year have got on the pitch.

I agree that I would have liked to have seen more youth players so far this season, sub opportunities are often missed and it does wind me up but look at the bigger picture. We have not had a Pogba situation although we have sold youth players for decent money. It is easy to forget where we have come from and what we had to do to get where we are.

Again, citing Pogba as the level required simply to get a chance, is far too high a standard.

Right hang on a minute. You're associating the situation with George Evans with the performance of the academy and over generalising that people are happy with it.

This is a thread about George and his move and my responses to you thus far have been based purely on that.

You don't know me, so don't speak for me. I want kids from city to join the club at 7 and go on to win the Ballon d'Or in a City shirt, just as much as the next City fan and I take no happiness whatsoever in players moving on that have failed to make the grade. I was as disappointed as everyone else that George was moving on, I still am. The difference between you and I, is you think City are to blame, I say we've done our job and he's come up short of first team standard for the level our first team is at.

It is rather idiotic to think City fans take pleasure in kids not making it as first team players. If those people do exist, then they are not City fans.

In fact your entire post has no bearing on the issue at hand that is George Evans. Post it in one of the several discussions on the performance of the academy.

Oh please just fuck off.

i was replying to you for fucks sake.

Oh please just fuck off.

i was replying to you for fucks sake.

Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

90% of your reply had no relevance to my post or the thread. You're just fucking venting for the sake of it, won't accept reason or other opinion and throw in the odd CAPITAL word for effect, or something, I don't know.

I'll leave you to it, vent away.

If we really had the talent to be capable of winning Euro 2020 then at least a few of these players would be showing it already and breaking through even at the top clubs,
He blames the clubs, chiefly us and Chelsea when he should be blaming the ridiculous rules. City and the other top clubs are only doing what they have to do to stay within the rules, the alternative is for a vastly inferior league in the slight hope that the country can produce an extra few players.

People like Brooking may come out and spout this crap but they haven't actually thought it through. remove the rulings if they are really worried about Englands future, suddenly there's no rush to sign homegrown players or to make them club trained and there's no premium attached to them purely based on their nationality, then they'll stay with smaller clubs longer and be given a chance of first team football at a younger age and the bigger clubs will only buy when they've shown they are good enough.

On topic, Good luck to Evans, he's a big blue that has had a dream we've all had come true by appearing for the first team, he's clearly not good enough for our side and is just another player that for some reason people on here go mental when they leave when it's clear to 99% of people they're not upto the required standard. It's the same people who were saying we'd regret letting Emyr Huws leave.

Nothing.

He was out of contract in the summer so we let him go on a free.

Where he'll have value to us is in any clauses we attached, based around appearances etc. I don't think anyone knows exactly what clauses were inserted into the deal however.
Thanks, did not know we let him go for free that blows... But you'd assume we have some clauses making it worth our while.

Nothing.

He was out of contract in the summer so we let him go on a free.

Where he'll have value to us is in any clauses we attached, based around appearances etc. I don't think anyone knows exactly what clauses were inserted into the deal however.
where have you secured that info Matty? Ive seen nothing of any details.

He's an idiot, and only managed to muster 3 names in the joint Chelsea-Man City 'Horde'.

Nothing like creating unrealistic expectations that these players have got to win 2020 before they've even proven themselves. We ain't been to a semi final in decades and that was with our 'golden generation'. We have no idea how good the likes of Roberts will be yet, but he's got a much better chance to develop here than he was on Fulhams bench in the championship (he barely started a game last season, something Brooking seems to have forgot).

Oh, and it's Jake Clarke SALTER not fucking Slater you daft twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.