George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Anthony Adams
@MichaelAdams317
· 10h
Police just raided the gas station we were sheltering at. After shouting press multiple times and raising my press card in the air, I was thrown to the ground. Then another cop came up and peppered sprayed me in the face while I was being held down.
Go on Twitter and you will see multiple accounts like this that go well beyond just a written account. People are being shot at for merely reporting on it now.

No, I disagree, The current president has just expedited matters.

I'm going to post a clip by David Doel, who cites the brilliant Dr Cornel West as part of the clip. Dr West burns Obama, but not by name and both commentators show why this chaos is happening and how it got here.

I think it's worth the watch...

Had a watch of this video and what an eloquent bloke that fella is, the part where he mentions celebrity driven capitalism supporting what is in effect vacuous meaningless lives that strive just for wealth and things. I don't know what the solution is because I don't fully understand the American mindset I can only relate to how greed (He mentions aspirational middle classes of all colour) envelops people even though intrinsically they are good people at heart.

The problem in the USA is that sharing the wealth is seen as Communist, but what they have now are neatly sectioned off demographics by race, colour, earning potential, religious preferences they've split the nation and tore it apart.

Anyone and I mean anyone who doesn't look at that murder by that cop and see humanity going down the shitter isn't thinking right, it's a disgusting insight into the political will that that cop and his pals weren't dragged from their beds and slung in a cell straight away.

Michael Anthony Adams
@MichaelAdams317
· 10h
Police just raided the gas station we were sheltering at. After shouting press multiple times and raising my press card in the air, I was thrown to the ground. Then another cop came up and peppered sprayed me in the face while I was being held down.

I'd rather see evidence or confirmation of such things happening.

It, otherwise, smacks of a Brian Williams type report of being under gunfire in a helicopter, when none of that shit ever happened.

Saying something that turns out not to be correct isn't the same as lying. Lying is deliberate, if he was given bad information, as he says, then it's not lying.
I dunno, I'd say that proclaiming something that you couldn't possibly know that soon after the event because it suits your argument is lying too. But if you prefer, we could say that he presented a falsehood instead.

I'd rather see evidence or confirmation of such things happening.

It. otherwise, smacks of a Brian Williams type report of being under gunfire in a helicopter, when none of that shit ever happened.

When Hilary Clinton said she was under sniper fire when she went Bosnia or where ever it was haha video came out of her walking across the runway fine.

I dunno, I'd say that proclaiming something that you couldn't possibly know that soon after the event because it suits your argument is lying too.
If you are briefed about something, then repeat what the "experts" told you, then it's not lying. I also feel as though finding out where the people you arrested are from isn't something impossible to know soon after the event tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.