Georgi Kinkladze

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I was with buzzer junior a while back and he was showing the pictures on his phone to me of kinky - hes one fat mother fucker these days and all this nonsense about work permits etc for the masters is BS, he;s embarrassed to high heaven....... as am i for this thread, bottom line is he wasn't actually that good!!!!

But buzzer junior, what a player he was....

was a great player, when he wanted to be and for all the good games he had, he had twice as many anonymous ones.

Pigeonho said:
I wouldn't say Ajax at the time were non descript. Thing with Kinky is he was a good player in a very, very shit team. When he went to being a good player in a very good team, he got shown up and his career after is history.

Bit like Benarbia, good player in a shit league, move to the Premiership and low and behold, absolute rubbish.

Vic said:
I was with buzzer junior a while back and he was showing the pictures on his phone to me of kinky - hes one fat mother fucker these days and all this nonsense about work permits etc for the masters is BS, he;s embarrassed to high heaven....... as am i for this thread, bottom line is he wasn't actually that good!!!!
Yeah, total rubbish player
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKBohk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKBohk</a>

Yeah looks really shit

MCFC OK

Jack74 said:
Vic said:
Yeah, total rubbish player
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKBohk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKBohk</a>

Yeah looks really shit

MCFC OK

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW9PrLEhIRc[/youtube]

Those of us who watched him in the flesh for 3 years were just glad of a little rest bite from the ged brannens of this world...... trust me, truly overrated

Kinky was a fantastic entertainer and potentially a very good player, but we as team were dreadful.
Also there was a lot of resentment from other players in the team, cos when we won it was all down to Gio and when we lost it was because the others were shit!

alanjames24 said:
Pigeonho said:
I wouldn't say Ajax at the time were non descript. Thing with Kinky is he was a good player in a very, very shit team. When he went to being a good player in a very good team, he got shown up and his career after is history.

Bit like Benarbia, good player in a shit league, move to the Premiership and low and behold, absolute rubbish.

Extremely harsh on both players. I can remember both players having great games in the Prem (Kinky home to Newcastle, Benarbia home to Villa anyone), plus Benarbia was about 34 and his legs had gone. Didn't make him 'rubbish' though. Two of the most naturally gifted footballers we've ever had IMO

Ardwick AFC said:
Strangely enough, he is the same age a Ryan Giggs.

If things could have been different, without Joe Royle et al...Could Georgi have spent his entire career playing for us? Instead of been passed around non discript clubs for the rest of his career, hardly getting a decent run of games for any of them. Imagine if he was still playing now, a wise midfield general, orchestrating the play...ah well.

Anyone know where he is now? He married a Mancunian, perhaps he is still in the area?

I saw a post here a few weeks ago mentioning that a blue-mooner had seen him recently abroad somewhere, and he was 'barrel-like'......................

Exeter Blue I am here said:
alanjames24 said:
Pigeonho said:

Extremely harsh on both players. I can remember both players having great games in the Prem (Kinky home to Newcastle, Benarbia home to Villa anyone), plus Benarbia was about 34 and his legs had gone. Didn't make him 'rubbish' though. Two of the most naturally gifted footballers we've ever had IMO

I agree, although I'm not one of those who rates Kinkladze as a 'great player'.
If he had been then he had the opportunity to prove it at Ajax. The fact is that he didn't. Very good, yes. Great, no.

Good as he was, we can only judge on the time in which he played and of course that was as part of a mostly very poor City team. There have been other players whom I would put ahead of him as City all-time greats that I've seen in my time. We can only judge on what we see, and of course even then it's a matter of opinion.

I would however have liked to see Kinkladze play in a half-decent City team and also have seen a younger Bernabia. Both had great vision IMO.
Just a pity that we had both of them at the wrong time.

He was in Brazzingamans, alderly edge (sp) a few years ago with an older bloke, (possibly his agent) and I bought them both a drink. Didn't get me one back though the tight fooker. I think he may have been at Derby at the time, not sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.