Georgi Kinkladze

Some of the comments on here are fucking hilarious! Did many of these posters watch Kinkladze, Genuinely?

Kinkladze was a fabulous player, There was more to Kinkladze than just dribbling, Obviously he's well known for his dribbling skills and going past players with ease but there was more to him that just "moments" in games.

The squad of players we had around that era were nowhere near Kinkladze level, Maybe he did feel at times he's best to go on a run himself.

Kinkladze would walk into today's City's squad absolutely no doubt in my mind about it.

Some of the comments on here are fucking hilarious! Did many of these posters watch Kinkladze, Genuinely?

Kinkladze was a fabulous player, There was more to Kinkladze than just dribbling, Obviously he's well known for his dribbling skills and going past players with ease but there was more to him that just "moments" in games.

The squad of players we had around that era were nowhere near Kinkladze level, Maybe he did feel at times he's best to go on a run himself.

Kinkladze would walk into today's City's squad absolutely no doubt in my mind about it.
Exactly this.

I agree.
With the likes of Haaland and Foden making runs off the shoulder of the defence Kinky would have had a field day threading passes through. No way was he just a dribbler.
And although he wasn't a great defender he occasionally put the odd little naught dig in.
With the right motivator (Pep) he would have had the ability to fit in to today's team.
I also think Stephen Ireland could too - but maybe I'm being too hopeful there!!

Yes I watched him , every week and no he just wouldn't.

Why do you not think Kinkladze would be in this City squad?
Sat through at that time nearly every game he was involved in. Without doubt he was one of the most gifted players I have seen (although he was extremely one footed it was a wand of a left). But no , not convinced he would have been welcomed into a Guardiola side as he relied on everyone else to do the rest of the dirty work and put in the hard yards. May well have been the way Ball set us up for him to be the focal point but Royle quickly decided he was a bigger problem to the team overall. The closest I would say anyone has come to remind me of his effect on the team post the big money is Nasri - you know he had the ability but was not convinced he would put in the effort. Might be heresy to say but think we may have been better off without him - like having a supermodel wife but who won't lift a finger in the house, help with the kids or contribute to the running of the house - you'd enjoy the evenings but the rest of the time it would be bloody hard work.

Sat through at that time nearly every game he was involved in. Without doubt he was one of the most gifted players I have seen (although he was extremely one footed it was a wand of a left). But no , not convinced he would have been welcomed into a Guardiola side as he relied on everyone else to do the rest of the dirty work and put in the hard yards. May well have been the way Ball set us up for him to be the focal point but Royle quickly decided he was a bigger problem to the team overall. The closest I would say anyone has come to remind me of his effect on the team post the big money is Nasri - you know he had the ability but was not convinced he would put in the effort. Might be heresy to say but think we may have been better off without him - like having a supermodel wife but who won't lift a finger in the house, help with the kids or contribute to the running of the house - you'd enjoy the evenings but the rest of the time it would be bloody hard work.
Kinky was not a good pro, that is pretty clear from how his career panned out.

But his ability when he was with us was elite level. Maradona is the closest to the way he played. Just untouchable with the ball at his feet. Not a grafter in defence though. And Steve lomas couldn't do the work of 2.

He played for our team of cloggers. In a modern outfit with elite level coaching I've no doubts he would be a star.

Kinkladze was a luxury at the time we couldn't use, he was our shining light in a poor team but he wouldn't get anywhere near todays team ever, work rate was never there and he became easy to play against by letting someone get physical with him early in the game then he would disappear and this happened a lot especially in Division 1 or Championship as it now is, at the time I loved Kinkladze but looking back he probably played well in 20 games over 3 seasons, management didn't help him giving him special treatment but he never really cut it at Ajax and then ended up at Derby who were also struggling in PL at the time, talented individual but was never a team player IMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.