Georgi Kinkladze

Great entertainer, brilliant on occasions , anonymous on others. It will always be what could have been with Kinkladze. We at least doubled our money on him but football is littered with players who could have or should have made more of the talent they had but inherently lacked the drive , work rate or common sense to make the most of it (Duncan McKenzie for those old enough always springs to mind as one of my first football memories was watching him take us apart - thought that's how he played every week but definitely did not). He was a glimmer of hope in a very dismal dark period but ultimately flopped.

I met Phil Neal once and he told me they would work on tactics and positions all week then 2 mins into the game Kinky would run all over the place so difficult to manage and he needed to be given a free role that impacted the team.

By far the most skilled footballer ever to wear a blue shirt and I have been going since 1982 some proper weird comments again on here Royle threw him under the bus for Jamie Pollock and thought by playing him and Whitley we would stay up .

I met Phil Neal once and he told me they would work on tactics and positions all week then 2 mins into the game Kinky would run all over the place so difficult to manage and he needed to be given a free role that impacted the team.
Phil Neal , that tactical genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.