Georgi Kinkladze

I was absolutely buzzing when he announced he was staying after relegation, and then after the shambolic first season in the second tier. Shame that it never worked out for him at Ajax, but think they played him on the left wing which wasn't his position.
Played him most of the time on the left and the odd time on the right, they had a Dutch no 10 who got preferential treatment. Funny enough at one stage your man got injured and kinky played off the striker and was brilliant. Silly ****s.

I was absolutely buzzing when he announced he was staying after relegation, and then after the shambolic first season in the second tier. Shame that it never worked out for him at Ajax, but think they played him on the left wing which wasn't his position.

I think we all were, in retrospect, if we'd sold Kinky and kept Coton, Curle and Quinn things might have turned out different that following season, all part of our rich tapestry of course and making the current situation all the sweeter, for me any way, not sure about some who post on here.

Total waster.

Had ability that only the likes of Messi and Maradona can dream of, BUT, had the heart of a mouse.

And having a best friend like Nicky Summerbee did him no favours, sniff, sniff.

Outside of Manchester City, Kinky is unheard of....very sad, but completely self inflicted.

He was indeed a talent but he was still in a team that got relegated twice in three seasons. Would he have grafted at home To Macclesfield to earn those three points?

Pretty much the only thing we had to cling on to for three dark seasons. Not sure I've ever loved a player like I loved Kinkladze. A sublime talent.
Totally agree my daughters middle name is Georgia for that reason

Probably the only reason I held on as a fan in those dark times.

Being a football mad 7 year old (when he joined) he was my hero and I managed to meet him as a mascot.

He was inspiring and without him I could've ended up supporting someone else.

He was a Match Of The Day player. Looked great in highlights because after doing absolutely nowt for long stretches of games, neither offensively nor defensively, he'd do a nice bit of skill that never really went anywhere but looked class on the highlights. Sometimes he'd take that a bit further and score a sublime goal once every five games so he'd look great when watching back the end of season videos. In reality though when watching him every week live at the games he wasn't a particularly good player.

After coming from absolutely nowhere and coming to us those highlights got him a contract with Ajax but they sussed him out and he barely got a game then he drifted off to absolutely nowhere again for the rest of his career after a stint at Derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.