Georgia v Portugal - Wed 26th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group F

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hilarious to me that portugal seemed to chang every single outfield player bar one, a 63 year old Ronaldo. Presumably that was because he demanded to play to try and bolster his personal goal tally. That went well....

I don’t think Martinez did anywhere near as poor a job at Belgium as some people like to make out.

But that was a bizarre decision to play Ronaldo, considering the rest of the line up.

It’s ok saying Ronaldo might have demanded to play. But he’s in no position to do that. If he’d tried to do it, it would have been a perfect spot for Martinez to show the rest of the squad who is in charge.

What would he have to gain by letting the rest of the squad see him give in to player demands? Other than a loss of respect. Irrelevant how well things turned out.

I don’t think Martinez did anywhere near as poor a job at Belgium as some people like to make out.

But that was a bizarre decision to play Ronaldo, considering the rest of the line up.

It’s ok saying Ronaldo might have demanded to play. But he’s in no position to do that. If he’d tried to do it, it would have been a perfect spot for Martinez to show the rest of the squad who is in charge.

What would he have to gain by letting the rest of the squad see him give in to player demands? Other than a loss of respect. Irrelevant how well things turned out.
Think Martinez could have hidden behind Jota not being fit.

He was. And he is just as bad with Portugal. The Ronaldo playing debacle is just another example.

Even playing Pahlihna was dumb. He's just a poor manager.

He was. And he is just as bad with Portugal. The Ronaldo playing debacle is just another example.

Even playing Pahlihna was dumb. He's just a poor manager.

Well it all ended poorly in 2022 but in his first World Cup, they finished in 3rd place, Belgium’s best ever, beating Brazil along the way.

He also took them to Number 1 in the world rankings and kept them there throughout the majority of his time in charge.

Doesn’t sound like the total disaster some like to make out.

Not quite sure his short time at Portugal has been that awful so far either. They qualified with a 100% record and with a goals F/A of 36-2.

Well it all ended poorly in 2022 but in his first World Cup, they finished in 3rd place, Belgium’s best ever, beating Brazil along the way.

He also took them to Number 1 in the world rankings and kept them there throughout the majority of his time in charge.

Doesn’t sound like the total disaster some like to make out.

Not quite sure his short time at Portugal has been that awful so far either. They qualified with a 100% record and with a goals F/A of 36-2.
Fair enough. I thought he grossly underachieved with a generational squad. And I worry he might do the same with Portugal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.