Germany 2-3 England

Why do you English people hate your national team so much? Just curious.

For me it isn't hate. It's total indifference, because I'm sick to bloody death of players being picked because of the club they represent. I know, most people know, that if you're English and play for the rags you WILL be in the next England squad, and almost certainly earn your first cap. How the fuck can below-average players like Cleverly represent their country so many times and yet when the parent club sells him England drop him too?

I could sit here and reel off a lot players whose England careers stopped when the rags sold them, but I'd just get myself so fucking wound up I'd be sectioned.

Edited for accuracy. I've not seen any difference in selection procedures (or even tactics for that matter) since Alf Ramsey. Successive managers have always picked players on who they played for, not their ability or form (Mike Duxbury anyone?). Now it appears to be who your agent is (allegedly). I'm out.

You could probably exclude the great 'genial' Joe Mercer from that generalisation.

During his tenure as England caretaker-manager, he picked players like Frank Worthington and Duncan McKenzie. In Sir Joe's words, "Players who could play a bit".

I won't be watching, I will be enjoying sticking this box of pins into my eyes instead! One of the best examples of what Kent Blue was saying was Wilfred Zaha, signed for the dark side and right away in the England team. Where is he now? It really does stink!

Welbeck ahead of Vardy & Henderson ahead of Barkley/Drinkwater are two extraordinary decisions by Hodgson.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching England in the World cup finals and Euro finals but international qualifiers and friendlys I could not give a flying fcuk. Missed a trick the FA not givig the job to Brian Clough, I have no doubt 1966 would not have been our only triumph with him at the helm.

Welbeck ahead of Vardy & Henderson ahead of Barkley/Drinkwater are two extraordinary decisions by Hodgson.

I can understand Barkley not playing, as Hodgson knows all about him, though the same goes for Wellshite and Henderson.

But what is the point of having 'unknown quantities', such as Drinkwater and Vardy, in the squad, if you're not going to start them, so you can have a good look at them?

Especially against a good team like Germany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.