Germany vs Italy - Euro 2016: Quarterfinal - 02/07/16

The most unintentionally hilarious penalty shootout I've ever seen.

I've never seen so many horrific penalties as I saw last night. Pelle - JFC!! Zaza? I said to my bro-i-l that Giorgio had gone off 'cos his pen was gonna end up on the Ile de Re. And WTF was all that tap-dancing about. Just when they need a penalty king yer find they've dumped Mario! Serves 'em right!

Not totally happy but at least we did them once in my life. Should have been in 90 minutes. Typical football that Boateng gave a pen away on a plate for free. Saving our ass several times before he did the unthinkable. Incredible. Italy was so so lucky.

Always annoying against Italy as they are experts in destroying a match. I did hope they would turn up like they did vs Spain. But they had too much respect. Low earns a lot of negative comments now for playing a defensive back 3. But he wanted to stop Italy's offense and he did.

I have a lot of respect for other teams but I do not rate at all if teams have high potential but don't show it at all. Italy was brilliant vs Spain. Croatia could have walked to the final but refused to be aggressive vs Portugal. Portugal! Only attacking if they have to and then score at once. I won't get it.

I've always reckoned you can tell if a player is going to miss a penalty. His body language and run-up give a lot away, the prime example being the Italian pony-stepping clown. And did you see Schweinsteiger's face when he picked up the ball to take his penalty? He looked terrified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.