Germany vs Italy - Euro 2016: Quarterfinal - 02/07/16

MCFC1993

6d22fea90a.png

20:00 Kick off time (UK). Match takes place in Bordeaux.

Coverage begins at 19:30 on BBC1.

Efficiency vs. Efficiency. So this is almost a final that’s come too soon, arguably the two best performing in the tournament so far.

Germany have grown into this tournament and look to be getting better and better. They look a much better team when they’ve been playing an actually striker up front. Surprisingly Muller has yet to have an influence in this tournament, perhaps this is the game he introduces himself. Germany’s biggest threat has been coming from their full backs, Hector and Kimmich, both of whom can put a really good delivery into the box.

Germany’s goal scorers: Gomez (2), Mustafi (1), Schweinstieger (1), Boateng (1), Draxler (1)

Germany’s progress:
6d22f2dc65.png

As for the Italians they have been pretty much at it since the opening game. Their only blip has come in a game where they pretty much rested their entire team. Conte is looking a really good manager, set them up perfectly in the big games against Belgium and Spain. That Juventus back line has been ridiculously good and Pelle has done a great job holding the ball up for them. The one thing that could possibly go against them is that this is their 2nd ‘cup final’ game of a potential 4 (if they make the final), although that may suit their style of play.

Italy’s goal scorers: Pelle (2), Giaccherini (1), Eder (1), Chiellini (1)

Italy’s progress:
6d22e6d976.png

Tough choice to make, Germany have yet to fully click and if they do I fancy them but only a silly person would rule out Italy. Tempted to say the German’s win this on penalties, after a 1-1 draw.

That would be the first win vers Italy in a tournament.Cant believe it.

That would be the first win vers Italy in a tournament.Cant believe it.

I wasn't aware of that statistic, like I say, this game could go either way. Germany have the better players going forward but Italy have gelled better in this tournament.

Boring as fuck game going all the way to penalties methinks.

Hopefully Italy win then we will know if we have got Sane or not,or we move along
Ze Germannns have never beaten Italy in tournament football. An amazing statistic as we know how well they perform in them.

World Cup semi final Mexico Italy 4 west Germany 3 . probably the best game of international football I have ever seen .

Very defensive looks like

Hoewedes-Hummels-Boateng-Hector

Kimmich-Khedira

Müller-Kroos-Ozil

Gomez

2d549cd5e2b37e675f4b5abed23ab6b8.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.