Germany's far right

Cheers for these updates Pink, it is indeed concerning that Germany of all places is seeing the far right become bolder.

It isn’t, the whole ‘populist, far right are going to take over Europe’ has hit the buffers. The AfD is becalmed and beset by infighting. The Greens have made more progress than the far right and everything has been upended by Covid anyway.

The one major country that has seen the far right do well is the UK, or to be precise, England.

It isn’t, the whole ‘populist, far right are going to take over Europe’ has hit the buffers. The AfD is becalmed and beset by infighting. The Greens have made more progress than the far right and everything has been upended by Covid anyway.

The one major country that has seen the far right do well is the UK, or to be precise, England.
That is a little understated, the far right under Orban are growing, Erdogan is becoming more powerful, Ireland has a growing far right movement, the French have the Le Pens, the Italians have Lega. Portugal has a smallish movement, which the Block Esqueirda are concerned about. Spain still has fascists who honour Franco, Putin is still around.

Vigilance against these movements is gaining importance.

That is a little understated, the far right under Orban are growing, Erdogan is becoming more powerful, Ireland has a growing far right movement, the French have the Le Pens, the Italians have Lega. Portugal has a smallish movement, which the Block Esqueirda are concerned about. Spain still has fascists who honour Franco, Putin is still around.

Vigilance against these movements is gaining importance.
Inform me. What is Ireland’s growing far right movement.

Last edited:
Inform me. What is Ireland’s growing far right movement.

Are the national party not considered to have extreme far right views and also the recent covid protest with promiment members of Siol na hÉireann getting involved seeing their Ireland belongs to straight Irish people only message being pushed more in the mainstream.

Interesting read @urban genie and @Rascal
Have to say none of that has registered in the mainstream news over here really. Or I missed it.
The Times piece is interesting, but in general Irish life I think the most telling figures in that piece are that the two groups mentioned got 508 and 580 votes respectively in the last election.
The website has 1650 subscribers.
The so called rally at The Customs House seemed to be a mush mash of several groups that don’t necessarily get along.

The most troubling thing for me out of that article is that this is seen as something tiny in Ireland that is part of something bigger growing world wide through social media platforms. 38% of the replies were from Irish accounts, something like 18% were American?

I’d agree that this is a troubling trend world wide not just in Europe, but I seriously don’t see the usual minority of nutters having any credence over here.

Greek Far Right party Golden Dawn has been declared a criminal organisation, many members found guilty of murder and attempted murder, party leader to be sentenced in the next days

The Spectator published a piece supporting this far right group. In other news Farage has spoken at AfD rallies and Brexit loving Claire Fox is about to enter the HoL.

Greek Far Right party Golden Dawn has been declared a criminal organisation, many members found guilty of murder and attempted murder, party leader to be sentenced in the next days

The Spectator published a piece supporting this far right group. In other news Farage has spoken at AfD rallies and Brexit loving Claire Fox is about to enter the HoL.

Wonderful news about Golden Dawn

Disgusting that Fox is going into the HoL and Farage is just an utter ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.