Germany's Strikers

MCFC1993

This is kind of fantasy football related.

All of the German strikers have had great seasons domestically. Gomez led the way of the German strikers in the Bundesliga. Then there's Podolski who had a great season with Koln, and Klose the usual star of Germany's team had one of his best seasons with Lazio.

Gomez - 41 goals in 52 games
Podolski - 18 goals in 31 games
Klose - 16 goals in 33 games

So my question is, will Germany go 442 and play Klose and Gomez with Podolski out wide?

Or will they line up 451 with Podolski out wide and either Gomez or Klose? My main question is who will start Klose or Gomez? I currently have Gomez just because of his club form, but Klose at National level is something else...

Neuer
Lahm (left back)
Mertesacker (Hummels, if Merte is not fit)
Badstuber
Boateng (despite his silly date with a pin-up girl)
Schweinsteiger
Khedira
Özil
Podolski
Müller
Klose (Gomez only if Klose isn´t fit)

Two strikers? That was Müller and Seeler at the 1970 world cup. But not these days. Klose because the german team is all about merits in the past

They won't play 4-4-2, will be a variation of 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1and 4-3-3. I'd be extremely surprised if they play with both Gomez and Klose. They're absolutely spoilt for choice in attacking midfield roles; Goetze, Oezil, Muller, Kroos, Reus, Shuerrle...Then they have Podolski who is likely to play more as an attacking mid than striker, although Kroos could be deployed defensively with Schweinsteiger. I'd play only one striker, for me that would be Klose, he suits the system so well even at 33? 34?

Cheers guys, I chose Gomez purely off his domestic season, as Klose would start for me all day long, think i'll put Klose in as I think he'll still make an impact on this tournament.

Ruhr said:
Neuer
Lahm (left back)
Mertesacker (Hummels, if Merte is not fit)
Badstuber
Boateng (despite his silly date with a pin-up girl)
Schweinsteiger
Khedira
Özil
Podolski
Müller
Klose (Gomez only if Klose isn´t fit)

Two strikers? That was Müller and Seeler at the 1970 world cup. But not these days. Klose because the german team is all about merits in the past

Mertesacker ahead of Hummels..

:/

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

none of the Dortmund players in the starting 11 i guess (just for Poland, lol). They are not the coach´s favourite (wrong system)

Ruhr said:
none of the Dortmund players in the starting 11 i guess (just for Poland, lol). They are not the coach´s favourite (wrong system)

Just to let you know Dortmund are a better team than Bayern, it doesn't matter what the nationality is and how many are competing. They are still superior.

I don't see how they could possibly keep Gomez on the bench given his current form. If you want to leave one of those three on the bench, it has to be Podolski.

ManCitizens. said:
Ruhr said:

Just to let you know Dortmund are a better team than Bayern, it doesn't matter what the nationality is and how many are competing. They are still superior.

can´t stand both of them, so it doesn´t matter for me, which one is superior.

Just wanted to say, that Götze isn´t fit (and Özil is anyway ahead of him), Schmelzer is an average defender and Hummels really has a problem with the german coach, because Löw doesn´t like the style of football he is used to play at Dortmund. That is why they are not first choice for the german team.

ManCitizens. said:
Ruhr said:

Ruhr is German, I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.