Geronimo Rulli

It makes no sense at all to spend 2 foreign spots on goalkeepers. 1 max, and if we're keeping Hart hopefully zero.

Though he might not count this year due to being 21. We could do a loan maybe.

Blue Haze said:
It makes no sense at all to spend 2 foreign spots on goalkeepers. 1 max, and if we're keeping Hart hopefully zero.

Though he might not count this year due to being 21. We could do a loan maybe.

I would like to see a homegrown British lad get our number two if Pantillimon is going.

I do have a feeling with these ever increasing links to Valdes that he will be our number one next year. I just have a hunch Pellegrini wants a more ball playing sweeper keeper which will suit his system more, and with Valdes coming up available on a free in the Summer I can see Manuel seeing his experience and ability to be a deal not to be missed out on.

BigOscar said:
Genuinely can't think of a single top class Argentine goalkeeper, ever. I must be overlooking some, but given how good they are in just about every other position, they are really lacking in keepers. Hopefully this lad is the exception, as I really can't say enough how much I enjoy the name Geronimo

There are some good Argentine goalies, Pellers had Willy Cabalerro at Malaga who is good & been linked with us a few times plus Sergio Romero is at Monaco who is pretty decent too.

BigOscar said:
Genuinely can't think of a single top class Argentine goalkeeper, ever. I must be overlooking some, but given how good they are in just about every other position, they are really lacking in keepers. Hopefully this lad is the exception, as I really can't say enough how much I enjoy the name Geronimo

Not just keepers but any defensive players in general. For the world class midfielders and attackers they've produced, you'd struggle to name many defensive minded players they've produced who've been world class. Mascherano and Zaba of recent years spring to mind but that's about it. Zanetti too.

ForzaMancini said:
BigOscar said:

Not just keepers but any defensive players in general. For the world class midfielders and attackers they've produced, you'd struggle to name many defensive minded players they've produced who've been world class. Mascherano and Zaba of recent years spring to mind but that's about it. Zanetti too.

Daniel Passarella was a monster.

Since LoveCity puts his twitter fans before us (*sob) I'll post it for him:

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1m
According to some reports in Argentina, City are close to signing Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli (21) and could loan him out to Valencia.

Sounds like a plan

CitizenTID said:
Since LoveCity puts his twitter fans before us (*sob) I'll post it for him:

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1m
According to some reports in Argentina, City are close to signing Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli (21) and could loan him out to Valencia.

Sounds like a plan

Don't they have 2 ace keepers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.