Gerrard elbow [Merged]

can't help but think if that was city the incident would have been slowed down and shown on SSN on loop and had the severest still image of it on the back page of all papers. can't believe there is no action

jamiegrimble said:
Alledgedly the ref saw the incident.Had a word with Gerrard.No yellow.A disgrace for all to see.

The ref could not have failed to see it for what it was, and it must be pretty near the biggest refereeing fail of the season. But we have to understand that Attwell is the new man now Poll and Winter have retired. The FA, the Worshipful Company of Referees and Atters, himself, cannot afford the charge of incompetence, cheating and so they are swift to act and then spend the time trying to convince us that there was no case to answer. They have probably asked John Aldridge how they should proceed with this one, and he has his deliberations set out on the SSN website - he has found Michael Brown guilty and the Thug was blameless.

I'm just left shaking my head in astonishment that such a decision has been made. If you are not punishing this behaviour, then you are condoning it and deeming it acceptable behaviour.

If this is the case then the FA have a lot more to answer for than this induvidual case in my opinion. The FA are a total embarrassment to football at the moment. I have no respect for them whatsoever.

samharris said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
It makes me laugh how people are writing Liverpool off. They are still a major threat. If they dpo antyhign but lose at the weekend they will be right back in business

Why shouldnt we write them off tbh ?? Their form of late is on the wane at the most crucial part of the season...Only going by what I see..

Not sure if it's on the wane, they just ebat pompey 4-1 and have got important players back form injury, including arguably the best striker in the world.

People say that they're team isn't that good but that's bollocks. Yea they've got average players in there but so have Arsenal and the rags, fact of the matter is that Liverpool have got 3 or 4 world class players in their squad that set them apart from lesser teams. They've got a piss easy run in (I personally think they'll get something at home to chelsea) and if they get a result against the rags and/or gerrard decides to pull his finger out they're well capable of going on a top run and egtting 4th spot

As for gerrard getting away with the elbow, it's an absoltue disgrace. Absolute fucking disgrace

manc_andy said:
can't help but think if that was city the incident would have been slowed down and shown on SSN on loop and had the severest still image of it on the back page of all papers. can't believe there is no action

This is one of the key points. The FA are like our government, most of what they do is as a response to media outrage rather than being fair and well thought through. This is exactly why the current media hatred of us does bother me so much. It isn't being precious, I generally do believe it can affect real things that happen in the game.

What a surprise! Gerrard gets away with it...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/16/steven-gerrard-liverpool-manchester-united" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ter-united</a>
Steven Gerrard has escaped disciplinary action over for the use of his forearm against Portsmouth's Michael Brown in Liverpool's 4-1 win yesterday. The decision has incensed Manchester United and led to allegations that the Football Association has employed double standards. Had he been found guilty of violent conduct, Gerrard would have been banned from Liverpool's trip to Old Trafford on Sunday. The collision with Gerrard knocked Brown to the floor.

United's anger stems mostly from the fact that the defender Rio Ferdinand was banned for three games for swinging an arm into the face of Craig Fagan during a 4-0 win against Hull in January. That punishment was increased by one match after Ferdinand appealed. The champions will not make official comment on Gerrard's case but privately they have admitted to being surprised by the verdict and not understanding why the Liverpool captain has been let off. The ruling is also likely to go down badly among Liverpool's rivals for the fourth Champions League place.

The FA says it cannot act because the referee concerned, Stuart Attwell, has maintained that Gerrard's offence did not merit a booking or a red card.

In Ferdinand's case, the incident was missed by the referee, Steve Bennett, who said that he would have shown a red card had he seen it. Attwell has told the FA that he was satisfied with how he dealt with the incident, by awarding Portsmouth a free-kick and speaking to Gerrard.

The United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, feels that his team are punished more severely than other clubs. At Ferdinand's hearing United's legal team cited the FA's failure to charge Liverpool's Javier Mascherano over a similar incident involving the Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford at Elland Road in September.

Attwell's view that he was in control of the incident is unlikely to improve his reputation. The youngest Premier League referee by some distance, at 27, he has become known for mistakes, most notoriously the award of a "ghost goal" in a match between Watford and Reading in September 2008.

Gerrard escaped punishment from the FA last week after making a two-fingered gesture towards the referee Andre Marriner in a 1-0 defeat at Wigan. Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, responded to Monday's incident by substituting his captain.

Re: What a surprise! Gerrard gets away with it...

Old news mate.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167455</a>

Re: What a surprise! Gerrard gets away with it...

"The United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, feels that his team are punished more severely than other clubs."

Epic fail Fergie, epic fail.

Albeit old news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.