Gerrard

he's still world class on his day, unfortunately these days rarely come around that much anymore but for the right price id gladly take him

leave him alone.

Just be our luck to buy him then the story breaks about his effect on the England Squad, his alledged affairs with ex Liverpool players daughter, etc. etc. TalkShite and SSN will then have a field day at our expense.

Still like to know how much the club knew about Terry when we were supposedly chasing him last close season, just imagine the shit that would have caused if had landed that 'has been'.

Concerned we are loading the squad up with big names, would be more comfortable with growing the team, last season I had to concede we ended up not looking like a 'team' at times, all we need is to add to key areas and replace the dross we have been stuck with.

To be honest I had my doubts about his ability to move to another team years ago. I can't see him putting in the performances he does for Liverpool for anyone else (Certainly not an English club). If he's not going abroad then he'll have to stay put. I can even see him being a flop abroad. A one team player and should remain that way. Will be a talisman for the Dippers again next season but will it be enough? I'm genuinely curious to see what Hodgeson does with his new project.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
To be honest I had my doubts about his ability to move to another team years ago. I can't see him putting in the performances he does for Liverpool for anyone else (Certainly not an English club). If he's not going abroad then he'll have to stay put. I can even see him being a flop abroad. A one team player and should remain that way. Will be a talisman for the Dippers again next season but will it be enough? I'm genuinely curious to see what Hodgeson does with his new project.

Buy him just to weaken Liverpool then.

rassclot said:
don't touch with a barge pole.

Agree totally. Said this even before the World Cup. If Liverpool want him to stay (and Torres for that matter) then they will get their wish based on recent performances.

Our money can be better spent elsewhere.

£30 million for a player the wrong side of 30 with bad injury problems. Only ever played for Liverpool.

David Villa only cost £32 million. This is how we have to look at it. I dont want him or Torres at City. I would rather we did all our spending abroad, dont want to give our rival teams stupid money for the wrong type of players.

We only want to be signing players who will be at the top of their game for 5 seasons MINIMUM. This is the lesson we must learn from when Chelseas did their spending, they havent signed anyone for 3 seasons really yet they are still winning premier league titles.

alera said:
David Villa only cost £32 million. This is how we have to look at it. I dont want him or Torres at City. I would rather we did all our spending abroad, dont want to give our rival teams stupid money for the wrong type of players.

This! Liverpool are already a very weak team, with no money (though a half decent new manager) they will not progress next season. The player isnt worth the money and wouldnt improve city at all. forget about any of the liverpool players, they are either past it, not worth the money or crocks!

and why should city put 30m into Liverpools transfer pot, could get 2 or 3 players all better than Gerrard, and then become realistic challengers again, whilst we end up stuck with another write off case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.