Gerrard

M18CTID said:
cheddar404 said:
unsworthblue said:
truly great player and seems like a really decent fella

Unless you happen to be a southport dj and he smashes a bottle over your head....

I've been as critical of Gerrard as much as anyone of late but he does have a decent side to his character too:

For those who claim that Manchester City lost their soul when they became the richest club in the world, the story of Blues fan Carl Ramsbottom would suggest otherwise.

The 44-year-old council worker will return to Manchester by air ambulance this week - four months after suffering life-threatening head injuries in a fall downa staircase after City's UEFA Cup tie at Schalke.

Carl spent almost four weeks in a coma after an operation to release fluid fromhis brain following the accident in Dusseldorf train station.

He still faces months of therapy, but at least he can count on the support of the hundreds of wellwishers who have raised an estimated £18,000 to help.

The club have also played a part, with executive chairman Garry Cook handing over a substantial personal donation. City-supporting supergroup Oasis and boxing Blue Ricky Hatton have also helped.

Yet the support they have received from around the worldhasamazedtheRamsbottom family.

Cousin Ian said: "We always knew City fans would rally round because I have followed the club allmy life andIknowwhatkindofsupporters we have.

"But it isn't just City fans whohave got involved. Carl works on Merseyside and when some Liverpool fans heard what had happened they organised a cabaret evening that raised £3,000.

Steven Gerrard, Jamie CarragherandFernando Torres donated signed shirts.

"Then there was the lady, also from Merseyside, who donated a left-hand-drive wheelchair that once belonged to her late husband whenshe heard Carl would need one.

"Schalke's fans have been brilliant raisingmoney, and the club president has sent 1,000 euros."

Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so atwww.carlramsbottomappeal.blog spot.com.
me and my daughter were involved in the collection for the Ramsbottom family and know for a fact how great the scousers were in helping out

stonerblue said:
Malty said:
Looks like he hasn't slept for a week.

Bags under his eyes.. unshaven, in a depressive mood.. all the signs of a man on the verge of a breakdown.

Dunno about a breakdown but the bloke has definitely given his all this season, and it shows.
Although they beat us i think that game is where they lost the title. Gerrard and Co peaked in that first hour and have looked physically and emotionally drained evver since.
Overall though he's had a fantastic season and, despite the fawning over the strikers, has been Liverpools best player.

I wonder if those calling him will be doing the same when Engerland play in the world cup?

Show a bit of class Blues and appreciate what a great footballer Gerrard is.

I agree about the Anfield game. I think we were the first team to close them down in the second half which is when the game changed. Their third obviously won them the game but it was against the run of play at that stage. Other teams learned from that but I think we were the first to work them out.

I think 'the engineer' turned it around with his half-time team talk.

Couldn't give a sh*t about Gerrard and haven't given him a second thought since the Chelsea game really. The song was funny at the time but partly as an attempt to undermine him during the title chase but it is 'old hat' now.

Not got a problem with Gerrard at all. The song is quite funny and it'll be nice to give it a good airing when they come to our place next season but it was their fans who got on my tits during the run in with their sense of entitlement and premature celebrating not Gerrard.

dazdon said:
unsworthblue said:
alot of hatred about tonight mate,i don't think Gerrards perfect but he's a sound lad and a great football player

Cough..

Fuckin' cough !!

Say what you like about Stevie G, he can take out a mean super injunction.
Which is precisely what any innocent man would do when accused of something.
Defending your name and reputation in a court of law is so overrated.

Class player and one of the better lot of English footballers. Despite the odd fight in a club (which we've all done) he is a top professional who wears his heart on the sleeve. Hopefully he can lead England as well as he has Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.