Gerry Creaney - your memories

He's fat, He's round he's cost us a million pound Creaney! Creaney!

I remember not seeing him score at Elland Road because of the fog. We only celebrated when the players became visible crossing the halfway line for kick off.

Also remember watching training at Platt Lane once and he had the cheek to call another player Lazy!

Shite player we should have never bought but still better than Bradbury or Fat Bob.

He is held in very high esteem in burnley as we loaned him there and he scored about 10 in 20 whilst we carried on paying 4k of his 6k a week wages!!!

He won a penalty away at West Ham in the dying minutes when we were three nil down. I shouted "PENALTY," unfortunatly I was in the Home end.

Gerry got me battered.

01282 said:
He is held in very high esteem in burnley as we loaned him there and he scored about 10 in 20 whilst we carried on paying 4k of his 6k a week wages!!!

He hit a proper purple patch there, then we had a bit of an injury crisis and had to bring him back .............needless to say, he soon found his true form in a City shirt, ie dogshit

Scored the winner away v Leeds at Elland Road in the mid 90s, cross from Lomas IIRC - must have been around Christmas time as remember us all singing "Jingle Bells" celebrating

My best memory of Creaney was, and nobody is going to be surprised here, pissed up in Yesterday's in Alderley Edge.
He came into the bogs, absolutely battered. He had been introduced to me earlier ( I have no problem putting it that way!) and knew I supported City.
He complained that when he was replacing Uwe once he was abused by the fans. He asked me why City fans didn't like him.
I just looked at him up and down incredulously and shook my head.
How Ball ever replaced Uwe with Creaney still bemuses me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.