Gerry Creaney - your memories

WythyBlue32 said:
I meet him at the Orange Tree pub In Altrincham in 1997. He was a complete piss can. It was a shame really because he was alright at Celtic & Portsmouth. As previously stated he was way out of his depth at City.

I think he spent a lot of time in there. Then onto the Charcoal Pit, then a taxi straight to Platt Lane for training, stopping off at Boots on the way for a razor and toothbrush

Pre-season friendly vs Scarborough at the Mccain stadium.

Pre match warm up with the legend himself in fine shooting fettle........needles to say IIRC every single shot (loosely speaking) he attempted ended up nestling in the back of the stands with the fans.

Never has a man who shot so much produced so little.

nozzyblue said:
A Elland Road, fog, Thomas Brollin debut (?) for leeds- then three unbelievable things; a 1-0 win for an Alan Ball team, a goal from Creaney.....from a Richard Edghill cross.

Good day!!

took us about 10 seconds to realise it had gone in it was that foggy haha,sure edgehill did his cruciate that game(couldve been at hillsborough 2 weeks later)

szczecinmanc said:
Pre-season friendly vs Scarborough at the Mccain stadium.

Pre match warm up with the legend himself in fine shooting fettle........needles to say IIRC every single shot (loosely speaking) he attempted ended up nestling in the back of the stands with the fans.

Never has a man who shot so much produced so little.

10f9ra0.jpg

???George Best did his fair of shooting and only produced this twunt

carlos92 said:
BOMBER7967 said:
lancs blue said:
Scoring a free kick at home to Charlton(?), can't recall if it was a winner or equaliser but it was a sweet strike at the North stand end.

Heading the winner at Elland Rd in Alan Ball's season.

Last minute winner v Charlton, great goal TBF!

That was my only memory of him. A pointless transfer and stupid move to swap him for Paul Walsh.

Don't forget we actually handed over cash too, which makes it even more embarassing too. The only you could compare in resent times to this farce of a transfer was again with Portsmouth Benjani. When Sven signed him that really was the begining of his downfall

An absolute pile of steaming horse sh*t for 9 million you seriously couldn't make it up.

We played Colchester or Bristol Rovers , and we are in the players lounge anyway my mate at the bar ordering drinks and Gerry is sat at the bar and says hello Gerry he replies hi pal , my mate says thought u where at Burnley on loan , just got back pal oh right my mate says so City just paying u 2 prop in the bar then . Class and loads of laugh and 1 very pissed Gerry Creaney.

MCFC OK

about a month after we signed him i think Walsh suffered a serious injury that finished his career i think. Otherwise, hopeless at everything he did except the goals v Barnlsey and that thwack shot v Leicester in the cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.