Gerry Gow stacking shelves at Tesco...

He was a vital part of that side... he was like a more feral Nigel de Jong with a better shot on him. Much liked too.

gordo eddie said:
I will be at the dinner for Gerry tonight and I will tell him how the Man City fans still hold him in high regard .
I think Tommy hutch is going to be there as well ,so I will remind him of his two fantastic headers in the 81 cup final.
I will post tomorrow and let you all know how it went.

I've got relations in Bristol mate, went to uni there as well and have been to Ashton Gate loads of times. Great club.
Not sure I'd mention 'both' headers to Tommy Hutch, mind.
Let Gerry Gow know he is still a hero to blues of a certain age.

huruvo.jpg

286wk8p.jpg

rvjcky.jpg

LongsightM13 said:
gordo eddie said:
I will be at the dinner for Gerry tonight and I will tell him how the Man City fans still hold him in high regard .
I think Tommy hutch is going to be there as well ,so I will remind him of his two fantastic headers in the 81 cup final.
I will post tomorrow and let you all know how it went.

I've got relations in Bristol mate, went to uni there as well and have been to Ashton Gate loads of times. Great club.
Not sure I'd mention 'both' headers to Tommy Hutch, mind.
Let Gerry Gow know he is still a hero to blues of a certain age.

huruvo.jpg

286wk8p.jpg

rvjcky.jpg

Those pictures bring back some of my earliest memories, thanks for that.

Surely we or the club can make some kind of gesture?

It would be good to hear him, Bobby Mac and Tommy Hutch at an evening with...

Must be some great tales to tell at a supporters' do?

I remember Gerry Gow as an old fashioned hard man and midfield enforcer.He was like NDJ but on acid !

He did have a good degree of skill and was one of the main reasons we got to the Cup Final.

I seem to remember the chant Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow,Gerry Gow,SNIP,SNIP to the tune here we go,with the reference to snip being he would cut your legs off.

Hope he earns a lot of money from this,deserves every penny.

Gerry gow was the player who made the most difference to city in the 80/81 season, his goal at everton fa cup qtr was pure class, he literally chased players around the pitch, Tom n Gerry in that cup run were magnificent, we were rock bottom after about 10 games that season then finished I think about 8th a cup final but totally ripped off in the semi which they couldn't play in as being cup tied, a great season it was travesty city not lifting the cup that year, it was for me the start of the end of city being a force in football! But Tom n Gerry will always be 2 of my favourite city players.

My dad took me to Maine Rd for the first time in the 70's and Gerry was playing.I remember him telling me what a cracking player he was.I was hooked from that day and will never forget it or thank my dad(god rest his soul) for making me a blue.He even named me after his favourite player Franny Lee(other way round though)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.