Gerry Gow testimonial‚ Brizzle City v City, Sat 28 July

LongsightM13

On behalf of a Bristol City fan. The Goat to play for both teams

JamboBCFC said:
Hi Guys, Bristol City fan here. I originally registered to post a topic about the Gerry Gow testamonial next month. But just realised I need over 100 posts to do that! If anyone could copy the following into a topic i'd be grateful, just thought i'd let people know about the players confirmed so far..

"Manchester City have named a strong legends team for the Gerry Gow testimonial match at Ashton Gate next month.

A host of stars with hundreds of international caps between have agreed to turn out for the Premier League champions' XI to face a team of City legends in BS3 on Saturday, July 28th.

Shaun Goater will play for both teams, starting in a City shirt before swapping over at half-time.

The goalkeepers for City will be Wales international Andy Dibble, Eric Nixon and the legendary Joe Corrigan - from Manchester City's 70s European Cup Winners Cup and League Cup winning side.

Defenders Alan Pickering and Gary Bennett, mainly from the 80s and 90s, are also signed up, along with winger Dave Bennett, a 1981 FA Cup final runner-up.

Asa Hartford, the retired Scottish international midfielder, ex-England man Peter Barnes - once of Manchester City and United - and much-travelled Kevin Horlock will bolster the midfield.

Peter Beagrie offers a familiar face from recent years, given his work as a pundit for Sky Sports' npower Championship football.

Jeff Whitley, the Zambian-born Northern Irish international, and Paul Dickov - now boss of Oldham Athletic, also offer some younger legs in the legends team.

Like Goater, there is another striker with links in both camps, Fitzroy Simpson - who was at Ashton Gate on loan in 1999, but is better known for his spells with Manchester City and Swindon Town."

Cheers!

Re: Gerry Gow testimonial ‚ Brizzle City v City

Defenders Alan Pickering and Gary Bennett, mainly from the 80s and 90s, are also signed up, along with winger Dave Bennett, a 1981 FA Cup final runner-up.

Alan Pickering....
The only Alan that i knew was Oakes...

DTKOAG said:

Alan Pickering....
A reserve who never played for the first team, I think. Gary Bennett also never made it to our first 11 but had a long career with Sunderland among others

LongsightM13 said:
DTKOAG said:

Alan Pickering....
A reserve who never played for the first team, I think. Gary Bennett also never made it to our first 11 but had a long career with Sunderland among others

i think gary was a blonde haired kid

r.soleofsalford said:
LongsightM13 said:
DTKOAG said:

Alan Pickering....

Err....Gary Bennett was Dave Bennett's brother, mate. Don't think he was blond, to be honest.....
Are you thinking of Gary Buckley, by any chance?

LongsightM13 said:
r.soleofsalford said:
LongsightM13 said:

Err....Gary Bennett was Dave Bennett's brother, mate. Don't think he was blond, to be honest.....
Are you thinking of Gary Buckley, by any chance?

i think there were to gary bennetts

just had a look, no sign perhaps i was wrong i will have to delve further

r.soleofsalford said:
LongsightM13 said:
DTKOAG said:

Alan Pickering....

Was this him?

c09e3452d7d8fe2e4b8e0c20ec29b70a.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.