Gervinho

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
Cant see the harm tbh. At 8m its not going to make much difference to anything and we were really short of options up front last season. If Mario continues to behave and Edin does settle, fine - if not we need 3 or 4 proper decent firing forwards to do everything we want to next season.
thought french media had said it was gonna be £17m though mate?? their director has already confirmed turning down £12m?

Yeah - sorry - I thought Id read that the release was 8m. Think anything over 12 would be a no no. Course Id have to put it on the mortgage and it would screw up the loan to value. Just seen him score on SSN - looks a bit lightweight - thought they grew them big in the Ivory Coast

Those saying he is crap.... haha wtf? I'd shit my pants if we signed him or Hazard. I'd go for broke and get them both and that would be two of the three signings we need to make. One more in central midfield.

avoidconfusion said:
taconinja said:
Gervinho or Jo? Who would you have in your forward rotation?

Wouldn't spend 17m on either.
Not what I asked. We don't know the actual price if we're even in for him at all. A fair number here have suggested he's not good enough. Do you (general you not specific) think he's an upgrade for our forward rotation?

taconinja said:
Gervinho or Jo? Who would you have in your forward rotation?

Not as simple as that. No point getting someone better, but still not good enough. Exactly the same argument was used as a reason to buy Benjani not that long ago.

Having said that, I have no idea if Gervinho is good enough or not.

If Gervinho goes to City, he will have the same problem as the boateng and will want to leave in 12 months. You cant expect very good players just to accept to be on the bench because they are earning great money.

gooney said:
If Gervinho goes to City, he will have the same problem as the boateng and will want to leave in 12 months. You cant expect very good players just to accept to be on the bench because they are earning great money.
I agree that this is a problem and that more City fans need to realize this.

But it's a bigger problem with the big names.. Boateng and Gervinho have done nothing in their career to give them a guaranteed spot in the first choice starting 11

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.