Get a grip, guys.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Young said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Didn't Khaldoon supposedly have a word with him before we went on that great 6 game and tell him to change his management style?
Change from what, to what, exactly?
Change from being abrasive to being less abrasive. It's no secret he's doesn't interact very well with the players.

Khaldoon's hinted at it. I'm pretty sure David Conn's book has this in there - that Khaldoon expected him to "evolve". But of course we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Young said:
Change from what, to what, exactly?
Change from being abrasive to being less abrasive. It's no secret he's doesn't interact very well with the players.

Khaldoon's hinted at it. I'm pretty sure David Conn's book has this in there - that Khaldoon expected him to "evolve". But of course we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

I'd still be a bit surprised if true. Or at least if it is true, would love to know how it was delivered etc. Seems a chairman telling a manager to change his style being quite risky? If true though, it certainly worked.

I wasn't a great Johnson fan, but I think him and De jong both suffered due to Mancini not being their biggest fan. And I think getting rid of De Jong could come back to bite us- but that is debated on here every day.

I thought the Khaldoon - Mancini discussion was in the aftermath of the game at the Emirates and related to their handling of the media. Taking the pressure off etc

dancity19 said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
It's the kick up the arse that we need. Is anyone really bothered that we didn't win?
As long as it galvanises the team, I wouldn't be bothered if we got mauled 7-0 by Tranmere. Hopefully we can pinpoint why we're playing so badly and remedy it.

First priority though has to be the Premiership. If we retain it, we shouldn't be in a 'group of death' next year.

In fairness, no, no-one is that bothered we didn't win.

However, everyone is bothered with the performance, which was, I think, the worst performance under Mancini. Also, if you put that alongside the performances against Southampton, QPR, Liverpool and Arsenal, then yes, everyone is pretty bothered I think.
Real Madrid are a different kettle of fish, so I won't include that game, but we were outplayed in the first half. Some city fans may expect that, and fair enough, Real are a superb team- but we are CHAMPIONS of England.

Something isn't quite right this season, and I hope it gets sorted ASAP as we don't want to be playing catch up. But yeah, if it helps to galvanise the team then good.

But to have picked up the quivalent of 2 points from a possible 12 really isn't great, and to concede 4 at home (first time since 2003) to Villa is poor.
It wasn't great but it wasn't a full strength team. We desperately need to change though. In a lot of matches this season, we've looked lucky, not ruthless.

And yes, the fans who've made the effort do deserve more bang for their buck, but I'd be more upset if it was in the league.

Re: Mancini OUT!!

nicholasjackson said:
A lot of our have became spoilt and arrogant,need to sort their heads out,we not gonna do the quadruple every year ffs.

The fans that went last night myself included saw a bunch of City players who were not bothered from the first whistle to the last. As a group of players (Tevez apart) it was the worst performance I've seen in terms of effort/commitment/attitude (note nothing to do with ability) I've seen in a long time. It's the manager and players that need to sort their heads out, and their attitude. The fans turned up in the pissing down rain, paid their hard earned money, I would be embarrassed to collect my pay cheque at the end of the week after that. Only my opinion and I've been going since the mid 70's and my first match was mid 60's!! (And no I didn't go to York away but still retained a season ticket through those horrible days)!!

Sir Joe Aguero said:
dancity19 said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
It's the kick up the arse that we need. Is anyone really bothered that we didn't win?
As long as it galvanises the team, I wouldn't be bothered if we got mauled 7-0 by Tranmere. Hopefully we can pinpoint why we're playing so badly and remedy it.

First priority though has to be the Premiership. If we retain it, we shouldn't be in a 'group of death' next year.

In fairness, no, no-one is that bothered we didn't win.

However, everyone is bothered with the performance, which was, I think, the worst performance under Mancini. Also, if you put that alongside the performances against Southampton, QPR, Liverpool and Arsenal, then yes, everyone is pretty bothered I think.
Real Madrid are a different kettle of fish, so I won't include that game, but we were outplayed in the first half. Some city fans may expect that, and fair enough, Real are a superb team- but we are CHAMPIONS of England.

Something isn't quite right this season, and I hope it gets sorted ASAP as we don't want to be playing catch up. But yeah, if it helps to galvanise the team then good.

But to have picked up the quivalent of 2 points from a possible 12 really isn't great, and to concede 4 at home (first time since 2003) to Villa is poor.
It wasn't great but it wasn't a full strength team. We desperately need to change though. In a lot of matches this season, we've looked lucky, not ruthless.

And yes, the fans who've made the effort do deserve more bang for their buck, but I'd be more upset if it was in the league.

I am always disappointed when we lose and more so when we put in a poor performance no matter who is representing us.

We had Tevez, Balo , Lescott, Kolorov, Dzeko, Barry, Milner etc all representing us and we were well beaten both on the scoreboard and in general play by a side at home that had 5 changes to its starting line up of the previous game having conceded 4 second half goals themselves.

They let everybody down including some of the fringe players that barring injury and suspension and a downward spiral in premiership results will get little game time.

I hope they feel the same way I do and more so and do something constructive about it on Saturday.

To date none of the Arsenals , Chelseas, Manures, Spurs etc have been super impressive which makes our stuttering start harder to swallow.

Didsbury Dave said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Didsbury Dave said:
How do you "get behind" the manager on a football forum? Limit your comments to "Forza Mancini" and "Mancini WOOOOOAAHH"?

He runs the team and gets flack when he gets it wrong. I haven't heard a single City fan ask for his head this season. I don't trust him an inch but even I don't believe his position is under any threat until at the very least next May.

Come on DD, he must have earned at least an inch in your affections ;-)

He won us the league, GDM, and deserved a new contract based on that alone. But JEsus Christ, he frustrates the hell out of me. More than that, he scares me.

I watched the TV build up to the Arsenal game when I got back on Sunday. He was in some cafe with his sidekick and they were talking about how he has all these daft pre-match superstitions. Drinking from the same glass, touching spilt wine, pratically chanting incantations. It was fucking feeble-minded idiocy. Superstition is for clowns, not rational leaders.

I just want him to keep knocking back my fears with results - like he has for the majority of the last two years. But I can't deny he frightens me .

I must confess I did find the whole superstition with the salt thing a little odd, but then again I go out of my way to walk under ladders, such is my recalcitrance. That said Napoleon was reportedly superstitious and he won more battles than he lost - although I won acknowledge it didn't end too well for him ;-)

One thing I will say is that during the Mancini era (for want of a better expression) every truly abject performance has been followed by a pulsating one:

Our exit to WBA in 2010/11 in the Coca Cola was followed by our defeat of Chelsea
Our 3-0 loss at Anfield that season preceded our Semi Final win against united.
Our defeat to Arsenal last season provided the springboard for our truly astonishing run-in and title win.

Those examples point to a manger who is good at identifying a problem and addressing it. That doesn't mean I think we'll thrash Fulham, but I fully believe he'll sort out the evident problems that we currently have, irrespective of whether he spills the salt when he's out for a meal, or not.

Young said:
Seriously, FFS people. Get a grip.

From lambasting the team, to the defence, to even the players themselves. Now I'm hearing things like "Mancini is a bad manager", "Mancini is shit", or something to that extend. FFS, you guys, I don't know if you are new fans, or not, and I'm not going to judge that, but please, you guys sound like the "other" fans, fans that don't belong in City.

Through this years I have seen Mancini done great things. I, for one, was very upset and claimed Mancini is "shit", when we lost against Tottenham, 1-0 (if I'm not wrong), to Peter Crouch and subsequently lost the CL spot.

"Where were you when we were shit?" This line has been used alot, and I'm unfortunate to not have been there for the team when City was in the lower depths of English football, because I wasn't following football then. But from challenging the 4th spot, to eventually 'the team to beat', that's quite something, considering it's only like what, 3 years?

Years ago, would you have imagined us saying to ourselves, "We have left Tottenham in the dust." **Sorry Spuds fans, for using your beloved club as an example.

And I'm not sure if you 'new' fans have been there, but please give Mancini credit where it's due. People seem to have forgotten what Mancini CAN do.

- He brought us the FA Cup, and subsequently, crowning us Champions of England.
- He brought us exciting talent. Would you have imagined the day we have someone like Aguero in the club?
- For what it's worth, I believe he transformed Tevez into a goal-scoring machine.
- Tevez situation, dealt perfectly.
- Turned Hughes' trashes into gold.
- Trashed the Rags 1-6 in their own turf.

All I'm saying is, calm the fuck down.

Open your f'king eyes, we are still UNBEATEN in the league, we still have, like what, 33 games to go. FFS, THIRTY-THREE GAMES. Even AVB was given 6 months before judgement.

I understand, we have a leaky defence. But, see it this way, at least we have the first team defence line, the quality is there, it's just up to them to sort the problems out.

If anything, Mancini will sort it out, you can bet your money on my word.
Boring. The worst thing on this forum is people telling others that they can't have an opinion. Oh and the words "get a grip" and the letters "FFS"!

A lot of the "lambasting" (in all honesty that's not really happened) is very interesting and many are bouncing some good ideas around.

So let people have their opinion eh? Not such a radical thing for a forum is it?

Sir Joe Aguero said:

Fucking right I'm bothered about it. People seem to forget that we've only won 2 trophies since 76, not exactly a fucking dynasty is it?

Mancini and the players treated last night as some shitty reserve game down at Hyde whilst charging £22.50 for the privilege.

It may be a blessing in disguise but it was the worst performance since forest at home in FACup. That wasn't exactly a blessing was it cos we missed out on the Champions League.

What won us the league last season was playing the same starting 11 and using the same tactics for 6 consecutive games. We're only 8 games in and he makes at least 3 changes each match.

The time is now to sort this shit out and start performing like champions

Sir Joe Aguero said:

Were you there mate? As the last poster said, some of us paid hard earned money to go and sit in the rain and watch our team play like a poor man's Swindon Town and most of them give about 50% effort except the poor kids who were thrown into a mess of a team. So some people will be bothered, a trophy is a trophy and if we had won the League Cup this season we'd have completed a complete domestic trophy haul within a couple of years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.