Get a grip!

East Level 2 said:
I'll also add a bit about "negative fans".
Negative fans wanted Alan Ball out, but there were plenty of happy-clappies who said "support the manager", and it was the same when Frank Clark lost the plot. It was also the same when Pearce gave us a season when we only scored ten goals at home.
You might not like the negative fans, and I agree those who are negative are jumping the gun a bit this season, but they have been shown to be right in the past.
Look at what we've achieved over the past few seasons and look at what we've spent since winning the cup in 2011. The owners will be looking for a return on that investment so why shouldn't the fans voice similar thoughts after poor performances such as Cardiff and Hull?
Obviously it's far too early to make changes and I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting we do, but even a mid-table team would expect better against sides that were in the Championship last season.

Would that be like United at Burnley a couple of seasons ago, or Liverpool against Blackpool?

Ducado said:
East Level 2 said:
Negative fans wanted Alan Ball out, but there were plenty of happy-clappies who said "support the manager", and it was the same when Frank Clark lost the plot. It was also the same when Pearce gave us a season when we only scored ten goals at home.
You might not like the negative fans, and I agree those who are negative are jumping the gun a bit this season, but they have been shown to be right in the past.
Look at what we've achieved over the past few seasons and look at what we've spent since winning the cup in 2011. The owners will be looking for a return on that investment so why shouldn't the fans voice similar thoughts after poor performances such as Cardiff and Hull?
Obviously it's far too early to make changes and I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting we do, but even a mid-table team would expect better against sides that were in the Championship last season.

Would that be like United at Burnley a couple of seasons ago, or Liverpool against Blackpool?
Of course, all teams drop bollocks, but I think the rags had a lot of chances at Burnley whereas we didn't at Cardiff.

RandomJ said:
The problem with the "it will take time" argument is that if it takes too much time the title and other competitions will slip away and so the season is a failure. Pellegrini is supposed to be a great manager so it's his job to get these players to play the way he wants them to quickly. He has had all pre season and a few games now to do that and he hasn't and the players look unsure of what to do.

That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence and if he doesn't get them playing well soon and we lose games against the rags and teams in Europe then a lot of questions will be asked about if he is suitable for the job.
I know a man who is suitable and he can win trophies...........FORZA MANCINI !

East Level 2 said:
Ducado said:
East Level 2 said:

Of course, all teams drop bollocks, but I think the rags had a lot of chances at Burnley whereas we didn't at Cardiff.

I don't recall the exact details because I don't watch them much, but the result still stands, historically newly promoted teams tend to pull of shock victories especially in home games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.