Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news p21

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game......Can anyone help????

Cake said:
thomo said:
thats great news mate im sure they wil be able to do it. my mums not to bad at the moment in regards to immune system more physical although it does affect the muscle and is doing! so she can still go in the disabillity area's. as she loves to go when she can. used to go alot when she was youger with her dad and brother. wembley cup finals and things as im sure your dad did!!

Although we now live away from Manchester, he grew up in Swinton with his brother and cousins, all mad city fans and has some great stories of games they attended in the 60's and 70's. Dad finds it very frustrating that he feels fine in himself but he can't really do anything that risks infection, although he doesn't show it or let on much how he is feeling it must be very disheartning and depressing for him, but as is his style he just gets on with things!

yeah thats very simlar to my mum aprt from its more physical thing as she cant no near what she used as is now wheelchair bound and virtually unable to do anything for herself. massive shock as happened in such a short spce of time!
this is also very frustrating for her! he sounds like a really good guy and doesnt let anything get him down which is the best way to be!! hopefully when you go to city it will bring back some sort of normallity for him. which he will enjoy. you will have to let me know if you manage to sort it i'm sure you will do!

I noted at the recent european game very few boxes were occupied in the stadium, The boxes for euro games may be let seperate to the seasonal arrangements and may be an opportunity at the up coming lower profile game, All the best from all true blues. Thinking of you and your family, Respect

UPDATE:

After another email from the club, they have agreed to 'definately get something sorted' for me and Dad.

Due to my work commitments and difficulty with weekends they have offered to choice of Premier Leauge or Europa Leageu during the week if its easier.

For all the shit the press print about our club, they truly are a peoples club. I cannot beleive the fantastic response I got from them and from members of this forum. I want to thank everybody who has suggested ideas and even offered to give up their own tickets, which really is going above and beyond the call of duty.

Once I get a game arrange that the club can help out with a safer environment I will let you know. I would really like to meet any of you willing who has offered up ideas and their own tickets to say a personal thank you for your kind offers.

That's a lovely development Cake.

Thanks for posting the update.

Hope you and your Dad enjoy whatever game it is. I'm sure your Dad will. x

Great news Cake - hope he has a great time and we batter whoever you end up seeing

mrbelfry said:
Great news Cake - hope he has a great time and we batter whoever you end up seeing

Me too, a half dozen goals from us would be awesome!! At the moment we are working towards the game against Birmingham City onf 13th Nov. Fingers crossed!!!!

Tell you what, Bluemoon brings out the worst in some people but it also brings out the best in us too. I really hope you get something sorted out m8.

I have a client who's company has a box. So ill mention this to her over the weekend. Keep us all informed of any developments

Cake said:
UPDATE:

After another email from the club, they have agreed to 'definately get something sorted' for me and Dad.

Sweet! Reasons I love this club. I am sure it happens everywhere in every sport, theatre, etc. It's the instant yes I like.

100%manc said:
Tell you what, Bluemoon brings out the worst in some people but it also brings out the best in us too. I really hope you get something sorted out m8.

I have a client who's company has a box. So ill mention this to her over the weekend. Keep us all informed of any developments

This is so very true, I cannot believe some of the offers of help that have been forthcoming, from names of people to contact at the club, offers of peoples tickets in less crowded areas of the ground and even someone offering seats in the directors box area on the nice padded and heated chairs! The generosity of complete strangers is overwhelming and completely unexpected.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:17 pm --<br /><br />
jmdmc said:
Cake said:
UPDATE:

Sweet! Reasons I love this club. I am sure it happens everywhere in every sport, theatre, etc. It's the instant yes I like.

I was most impressed with the email back gone 10pm last night offering help straight away, unreal.

If only the press would report stuff like this aswel as all the crap they like to write about our club!

Goodstuff, I hope you and your dad have a crackin time. Sounds like you both deserve a decent break. I hope ye get a crackin game 3'0 to us on the night !! nice one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.