Getting a GP appointment

there are alack of GP’s . The govt/NHS has grounded them down, pushed more work on them for less pay over the years.

many are taking early retirement, leaving their jobs or emigrating
Utter bollocks!
UK GPS are by a long way the highest paid in Europe.
My brother in law is a GP.
Retired this year early because otherwise he’d have too much in his pension pot that’s why he retired early.
Used to brag about all the extra cash payments they got on top of the salary.
Plus he never stopped moaning about overwork despite being on the books of a credit card company as their doctor, a rugby club as their doctor and still manages to run two companies accrediting HGV drivers.

Last edited:
Superb service from ours. If you want a telephone chat they are back on the phone within minutes most times, need a prescription they have it done that day for you no problems and if you need an appointment its no longer than a week and any emergency they will see you that day.

The NHS is superb.

Superb service from ours. If you want a telephone chat they are back on the phone within minutes most times, need a prescription they have it done that day for you no problems and if you need an appointment its no longer than a week and any emergency they will see you that day.

The NHS is superb.
Hello Mr Hancock.

;)

Hello Mr Hancock.

;)

It will be very much area driven ive little doubt. We are in Dumfries & Galloway so very rural but have a great doctors surgery and a fantastic new hospital in Dumfries so honestly we cant complain at all.

They don't do it for free anymore at my surgery,you need to have it done at local chemist £30.

A private clinic in London charges £75. I'll contact the quacks about ear syringing nevertheless. I prefer it to drops.

It's horrible as one of my mates is near deaf now yet insists on sitting in the pub when there's music on. You can have a conversation with him and it's literally "eh?", "what?", "sorry?", "pardon?" or just nodding when you know full well he hasn't heard a word you say.

It will be very much area driven ive little doubt. We are in Dumfries & Galloway so very rural but have a great doctors surgery and a fantastic new hospital in Dumfries so honestly we cant complain at all.
Very true. I'm in Bury and my surgery is very good but to be honest it's a while since I've needed to get an on-the-day appt. I've heard it's nigh on impossible to get through at 8am and then they only offer same day appts, which go quickly, or telephone consultations. In the afternoon you can book slots up to a few weeks in advance, usually with a locum and out of hours or weekends. There's always 111 for advice and if it's an emergency you'll get sorted.

that is really dangerous, it needs to be done really carefully because of your ear drum
Might be an idea for others to read the 1 star reviews of it, I agree it sounds dangerous. Also the plastic screw things being sold that you screw into your ear to pull out the wax look crazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.