Getting a GP appointment

Very true. I'm in Bury and my surgery is very good but to be honest it's a while since I've needed to get an on-the-day appt. I've heard it's nigh on impossible to get through at 8am and then they only offer same day appts, which go quickly, or telephone consultations. In the afternoon you can book slots up to a few weeks in advance, usually with a locum and out of hours or weekends. There's always 111 for advice and if it's an emergency you'll get sorted.

I'm from Heywood mate and my Mum, still there had a telephone appointment yesterday as an emergency and had her prescription within hours so again, no complaints.

I can only imagine though some of the inner city surgeries with hundreds of thousands of patients being incredibly busy and difficult though. How much of that is people demanding a service they really do not need though is anyone's guess? Id love to know how many doctors wave someone away after an appointment and think why the fuck are they even here?

Same at ours, even before covid-19. Have literally stood outside the place before and rang for an appointment, only to see them actually divert it to bloody mastercall. Doctors themselves are great, no complaints, it's getting to see the buggers that is something of a fine art.

They also seen to have different appointments available depending on who is calling. I called for an appointment for my daughter once and was told try again in the afternoon. Five minutes later my wife called and was offered that same morning. Maybe somebody cancelled, maybe somebody doesn't like checking the system.

I also received my 40 years old health check-up letter from them in the post... when I was 42.

Is it an emergency? No, because if it was I'd be down at A&E and not talking to some nosy receptionist on a power trip.
A 40 years old health check? I never heard of those. Presumably there is one available for 50 year olds too? I'm in my mid fifties and never had any of these. I've not been to the docs for about 10 years. Maybe I should make an appointment now for my 60 year old health check !

Very true. I'm in Bury and my surgery is very good but to be honest it's a while since I've needed to get an on-the-day appt. I've heard it's nigh on impossible to get through at 8am and then they only offer same day appts, which go quickly, or telephone consultations. In the afternoon you can book slots up to a few weeks in advance, usually with a locum and out of hours or weekends. There's always 111 for advice and if it's an emergency you'll get sorted.

I'd wager that isn't Peel GP's ?

I got a Ezy Doze Deluxe ear syringe off amazon.

That and some aloe vera drops done the trick for me

Just put water in the syringe (basically whats used by doctor)

I have my ears done and they don't syringe them they have some device that warms a fluid up in my ear and then they flush it out when it's really soft, it's a pleasant feeling not at all like the massive stainless steel ear abuser they used to use.

There the same syringes the doctors use, all completely safe.
It is not the equipement it is how it is done ,you cant do it safely yourself and nurses do it a certain way as to not damage your ear drum ,i am infavour of home kits generally but not thst
A 40 years old health check? I never heard of those. Presumably there is one available for 50 year olds too? I'm in my mid fifties and never had any of these. I've not been to the docs for about 10 years. Maybe I should make an appointment now for my 60 year old health check !
You can get a yearly check up including a blood test ,weight, blood pressure,wee test on the nhs, maybe not now,you would have to ask them

I really wouldn't try and syringe your ears yourself. Please let the professionals do it.

Better get your prostate checked you FOC

I really wouldn't try and syringe your ears yourself. Please let the professionals do it.
DelectableJubilantIguana.webp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.