Getting dumped

LaLuneBleue said:
My two year relationship came to a crashing end this morning when I got a call at 7am to finish things. I'd changed jobs and cities (well, moved to Leeds) and I'd moved into my own flat into the posher end of leeds.

She lived at home still (aged 28) and wouldn't move out until she was married, which I thought was odd but maybe romantically old fashioned. She's spoiled, her parents have just given her 10k for a mortgage deposit.

She was controlling, very critical and I didn't realise. My friend pointed it out and I pulled her up on it, expressing that I was unhappy with how she spoke to me etc. then, a few days later, she dumps me.

I'm stuck on my arse in Leeds, no friends or family about and I feel like utter shit thinking about her getting a new boyfriend whilst I'm stuck in a lease in a city that holds nothing but bad memories to me.

I hope we smash Spurs tonight, I need the morale boost

Rubbish, LLB. Yer've got us! And not to put too finer a point on the matter, yer seem to be better off wi'out her!!<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:34 am --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Smash her best mates back doors in. Male/Female it doesn't matter, ruin the back doors like this
door-smash-o.gif

Film it, send it to her by mistake (on purpose of course)
Then bang some more slags

I know where that guy learned that from - Wembley Stadium, Cup Final, Ginger Pig got sent off!

feel really sorry for you op being dumped is a nightmare, but I have a question whilst you are all dishing out advice. Have any of you stayed friends with an ex from a long term relationship? I know children make it impossible to have a clean break but where there are no children if you broke up and you did the breaking would you want to stay in touch? Or is it always best just to move on and have a complete break?

go and get a couple of bottles of sherry in. The great and good of bluemoon will jump aboard the chara and come over for the night. We will take turns to give you better and better relationship advice whilst we watch the match. you will soon realise how lucky you are right where you are...

BlueBearBoots said:
feel really sorry for you op being dumped is a nightmare, but I have a question whilst you are all dishing out advice. Have any of you stayed friends with an ex from a long term relationship? I know children make it impossible to have a clean break but where there are no children if you broke up and you did the breaking would you want to stay in touch? Or is it always best just to move on and have a complete break?

Thinking back BBB, I'm not in touch with any of my ex's from long term relationships. Personally, I would find it weird. Staying friends whilst they and you meet new partners? How can you move on if they're still part of your life? Clean break seems best for everyone where there are no kids involved, IMHO.

BlueBearBoots said:
I broke up with my ex of almost 6 years back in December, the relationship had run its course but we were still mates, still are now as we dont have that attraction to each other any more. Im not going to lie and say it was easy as it was brutal and she had to move out. I guess its okay but I think we both know it will be harder once we get different partners and so on.
Having said that apart from wasting a shite load of cash on a diamond ring that has no point to it now im loving life after 2 months. S

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.