Getting to CoMS from Piccadilly Station

gingerthai said:
LeeOnePen said:
If it's anything like last season, there will be a row of cabs starting at the railway bridge just past the Mercedes garage, and heading back towards the Mitchell Arms. They'll bob you into town in no time and only cost a couple of quid.

A couple of quid. Have you been holding a gun to the taxi drivers heads when you ask them how much to town?

Apologies, I meant "not very much" rather than a literal couple of pounds. Though I'm sure they'll be other blues who'd jump in with you to split it.

talkativesprout said:
Hadfield train, first stop Ashburys. follow the mighty sea of blue
Pointless as it's still 15 minutes walk from Ashburys to the ground.

Where exactly is the 22 07 that's your last train going to?

I always get the train and just walk it, you can do it in 15 minutes if you "wog", a cross between walking and jogging but you will probably have to leave a few minutes early to avoid getting stuck in crowds leaving the stadium bud

I normally jump in a taxi with other blues at the station, costs a couple of quid if their are 4 or 5 of you and most blues are happy to share the cost. The Bulls head oppostite the Stations taxi rank is good place for a pre-match drink and meet other blues who may also be taxiing it.
getting back for 10:00 (allowing time to get to platform 7 etc), then you would have to leave around 9:40 at he very latest, and thats a brisk walk, so you would miss 5-10 mins i'm afraid.
You could get lucky and find a cab if you stay to the end though ... bit of a gamble.

Thanks for the replies lads. the 2207 train is back to Birmingham International Station. Im planning on getting to mcr for around 6ish to give me enough time and that.

Say I leave the stadium at 9:40 and just get a taxi back to the station and I could walk/bus back on a day when we play on a weekend at a sociable hour.

fucking premier league twats

You can walk it in 20 minutes, roads are now open back in to the city after tram line work was completed (past the Mitchells pub).
Taxi is about 4 or 5 quid, loads around Piccadily and on Ashton Old Road after the game. Leave 3 or 4 minutes before the end and you will beat the traffic and fans in the road...............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.