getting to the bottom of small cup crowds

A game's a game, so would always go. Pisses me off a bit when yer turn up and yer find the stiffs are 'avin a run out 'cos it's the cup, but yer can't complain about FA Cup priced tickets, certainly not in the early rounds. Just wait till it's £300 for a semi ticket!

Q: so who does what on here, and what would help make crowds bigger and better.
are cup games too dear? No but need to priorities finals to those that have been to the competition games. to many long term season ticket holders who dont need to go as they know they can go to the final if we get their

is the hassle of getting tickets too much? [Yes][/sould be able to walk up and buy on the day and advertise the fact

would family tickets make it more affordable? yes good idea

does the extra time and travel put you off? No

would you sooner just watch on the tv? no

does the opposition matter, ie obscure euro teams do nothing for you? love the odscure teams

would a cash turnstyle help people make an on the spot decision? yes

does relocating your seat annoy you? no

i personally love the cup games, but take county on sunday, i was frustrated with our cagey approach against lower opposition, i don't think mancini's approach really excites fans, and a more swashbuckling approach would help.
We scored five goals!

Colins Bellend said:
tonea2003 said:
why do you say that?
the bigger/better the team surely would grab your attention.
by that reasoning you would turn the other way when we eventually get to grips with barca.
Have you seen Everton play? putting them in the same sentence as Barca is too much.
There is still a buzz for me regarding the FAC ,5K Villa or Everton fans not the same as 5k from lower divs even non league.I love the atmosphere in the cup H and A

5k everton fans to 5k lower league fans no difference same atmosphere for me.
and i wasn't putting everton and barca together, i was saying the better the team we play the more anti you become

tonea2003 said:
Colins Bellend said:
Have you seen Everton play? putting them in the same sentence as Barca is too much.
There is still a buzz for me regarding the FAC ,5K Villa or Everton fans not the same as 5k from lower divs even non league.I love the atmosphere in the cup H and A

5k everton fans to 5k lower league fans no difference same atmosphere for me.
and i wasn't putting everton and barca together, i was saying the better the team we play the more anti you become
Whatever floats your boat.
Look at the thread about the 2 County fans thanking City,imagine that from Everton

go to pretty much every game even if its early cup but missed notts county on sunday cos all my blue mates were on holiday or cba going! just didnt wanna fork out £10+ quid to go on me own.. i reckon we'll struggle tomorrow tho..

Long train journey to Manchester as im living in the south which is also expensive, home games are as expensive as away days for me but aint as drunk for both! I go to the games I can get a ticket, have the money and have some1 to go with! (Dad - the reason i am a blue) (Mate from school only fellow blue) (Uncle - still living in manchester) So i cannot make mid-weekers unless im staying with family and have too pick and choose games because of money. But i love going to any game, West ham away being the best this season for me!

billy_big_spuds said:
Bang an extra £50 on every seasoncard and include cup games.
Ground will be full, so money is made from refreshments, merchandise etc

It would probably be nearer £100 extra but what happens when we don't get to play any games at home because we were knocked out early doors away from home playing the reserves? ;0)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Can't be arsed unless it really matters or the opposition is of major standing.

Juventus - eg.

I was made up when I saw we were playing Juventus, I thought the game would be a sell out as Juve are one of the biggest Clubs in the world. Not the best team but a huge club all the same & I was gutted that we didn't fill the ground against them. To be fair though Juve didn't sell out their allocation either. If we want the crowds we have to win trophies in STYLE consistently in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.