Gibson's Green - Maine Road

Janice was always lovely, polite and helpful in the club shop: a perfect example excellent customer service.

I saw her once in the current shop but I don't think she was there in a working capacity.

A truly lovely lady, and she represents the best of Manchester City.

We have similarly good people working for the club now. Francine on customer services was excellent the other morning when I was trying to get a seat for my 3 year old at Wembley . She used her experience (as a Blue) to help us get the best possible seats within our budget so that the kids could see and not have to stand up so much. I have found our Customer Services staff to be excellent.

noely said:
levets said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Just found a photo of the house I was referring to, to the right of the photo, obviously.

[bigimg]http://oi42.tinypic.com/qqctgi.jpg[/bigimg]

I remember going in the souvenir shop with my Uncle before my first game in 1976 and being told by him I could have a hat or a scarf, but not both!

Crazy what you remember.

Tallest floodlights in the league..... :-)

Frightening when you drive round there now you wouldn't know maine roade even existed

I'd did work experience at the club shop in the summer of 98 Janice as with all the other times I met her was very friendly and helpful

I can't bear to go back down Claremont Rd and have a look. Don't want to see Maine Rd with no ground. Too many memories, good and bad. My late Dada took me there when I was 15 and that was it...

dennishasdoneit said:
CtidBlueMooner said:
Just had a sneaky look via the Mangala loophole on City website, at the Gibson's Green video to commemorate a great servant of City...ex Groundsman Stan Gibson. A time capsule was placed under the centre spot at Maine Rd with Buzzer and Tony Book at the ceremony.
I may be going mad but is Stan's daughter Janice the lovely woman that used to work in the souveneir shop at Maine Rd ? She was absolutely amazing when it came to customer service. A total one of a kind who couldn't do enough to help supporters in the shop.
If anyone wants to check the video, go to Kansas highlights, watch last few seconds, then click newest when pop up appears.

Janice from the old club shop is one of the nicest people ive ever had the pleasure of meeting. Always ready with a warm smile and and a throwback to the days when real, down to earth, genuine people were at city .....not the fake plastic laughter I see on club videos now-and female photographers kissing the players and fawning over them on their return from summer holiday..whats that all about?
Not seen Janice since we left maine road, I miss maine road, the old souvenir shop, the social club, the standing kippax, the north stand, etc etc but nothing so much as our Janice.

just spoke to another blue who cant afford to re new this season-used to meet him for a pint in the beehive before the match; another reminder of where we have come from which wont be around anymore.Hope there is plenty of new blood coming in to replace the older blues having to step aside.i hope so.

Janice, if your reading this, thanks for making a young blue from Nottingham feel very welcome at maine road in the 80s, hope you are still connected with the club and that our paths meet once again.

& I'll always miss the City Chippy too...

(and to a far lesser extent the Pink Final - nothing like as tasty, although for a while they did try to add a little colour on one of their pages if I remember correctly)

Zabbasbeard said:
Janice was always lovely, polite and helpful in the club shop: a perfect example excellent customer service.

I saw her once in the current shop but I don't think she was there in a working capacity.

A truly lovely lady, and she represents the best of Manchester City.

We have similarly good people working for the club now. Francine on customer services was excellent the other morning when I was trying to get a seat for my 3 year old at Wembley . She used her experience (as a Blue) to help us get the best possible seats within our budget so that the kids could see and not have to stand up so much. I have found our Customer Services staff to be excellent.

Yes Customer Services staff are excellent and most staff are now.Was in the shop Wednesday and the people working there were very helpful,they must have been on some sort of training as they used to just walk past you as if they had something better to do.

Great video on Stan and Janice,well done City,never forget what we are.

The red shit took the piss for years,they never got it,glad I did.

levets said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Just found a photo of the house I was referring to, to the right of the photo, obviously.

[bigimg]http://oi42.tinypic.com/qqctgi.jpg[/bigimg]

I remember going in the souvenir shop with my Uncle before my first game in 1976 and being told by him I could have a hat or a scarf, but not both!

Crazy what you remember.

Tallest floodlights in the league..... :-)

And the widest pitch that Stan had to tender.

You've got to love our brilliant club haven't you?

I remember Janice well, always eager to help in the old souvenir shop with a big smile. She held a role at the current store when there was a cafe on the second-floor a few years back, not sure what it was though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.