Giggs

Lads as wrong or right ye think the winner is, the players voted for him, they wanted to honour him, now maybe for other reasons, maybe he wasn't the player of the year but it was the players who all voted in bulk and backed Giggs, mightn't have been the best overall but they probably felt he deserved it in recognition for his milestone that he reached and his service.
I can understand people getting pissed off about if it was anything but the players choice, it's not like a few judges sat in a room and voted unfairly, were talking about the players overall backing Giggs in the majority.

At the end of the day, it's the players decision, and it's not their fault or Giggs or anyone else for that matter, when the votes are taken and who are nominated.

As for this rubbish about turning his back on his country, a bit dramatic isn't it?

Fucking unreal, what has he done this season? I think all fans, every club should fucking march into that joke of an FA, RAG BIAST PRICKS!

True-Blue said:
Fucking unreal, what has he done this season? I think all fans, every club should fucking march into that joke of an FA, RAG BIAST PRICKS!

Geez, this thread is making my head hurt.

One more time from the top, for the hard of understanding:

The shortlist and the winners of the PFA awards are voted for by players, the hint is in the title of the association: 'The Professional Footballer's Association'.

It has nothing to do with the FA, and everything to do with idiot footballers.

I feel better now.

IrishMacca said:
Lads as wrong or right ye think the winner is, the players voted for him, they wanted to honour him, now maybe for other reasons, maybe he wasn't the player of the year but it was the players who all voted in bulk and backed Giggs, mightn't have been the best overall but they probably felt he deserved it in recognition for his milestone that he reached and his service.
I can understand people getting pissed off about if it was anything but the players choice, it's not like a few judges sat in a room and voted unfairly, were talking about the players overall backing Giggs in the majority.

At the end of the day, it's the players decision, and it's not their fault or Giggs or anyone else for that matter, when the votes are taken and who are nominated.

As for this rubbish about turning his back on his country, a bit dramatic isn't it?

Think you got it absolutely spot on. Apart from the loyalty to his country, which i firmly believe he let down from the first time F......n talked him out of representing. There is NO greater honour, and he besmirched it, unforgiveable.

Just to give an indication of how bad it really is....Darren Anderton (yes mr injury jinx himself) has made more starts that Giggs this season....AND HE RETIRED IN DECEMBER !!!

So what now - Gary Chuckle next years winner? Scholes after that?

They will all want a piece of the action now

Did anyone see the interview last night?

"As long as I'm being paid, and enjoying it, I'll keep playing"

The being paid bit was edited out today. Not saying he shouldnt be paid, but shows a mercenary streak, and I reckon he's angling for a return to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.