Giggs

People do realise its voted by players. He won't get into the football writers shortlist.

The thing that is ludacris, all the other seasons he's played almost every game and not won it, yet this season, he hasn't played as much and won it. Maybe the players know something we don't.

perthblue said:
Waht an utter utter farce...

Anyway Ive got a good Giggs story.

One Saturday in the mid Nineties (late for kick off as usual) me and me mate had been on the piss in town. We staggered upto to Piccadilly and got a tray of pie and chips each and jumped in a cab to take us to Maine Road.
As we pulled down to the bottom of Piccadilly approach we noticed a Porsche pull up next to us. It was Giggs. My mate who shall ever be a legend wound down the window and started a tirade of abuse. Giggs did his windows up and tried to ignore us. By now we were fuming (been on the Stella) me nad me mate looked at each other and both thought the same thing! Simultaneously we both launched our half eaten trays of meat pie, chips and gravy at his car! They both landed with an oh so satisfying thud on the top of his flash bollocks motor!

Giggs pulled away and by now it was him who was fuming! We got kicked out the cab but were left by the side of the road laughing our heads off. We were late for kick off, but didnt have to buy another pint that day! Superb!
I assume the follow on from your story was:
Giggs took his expensive car through a car wash, forgot about the 2 knuckle dragging Blues, went off to OT, played professional football, collected a few trophies and smiled to himself when his next pay cheque came in.
You and your mate, on the other hand, woke up the following morning hungover drenched in your own urine and played on your Sega all day Sunday?

mancitytmd said:
BobbyJo said:
Harold said:
Giggs was utterly corrupted and turned his back on his country.

How can such a person ever be honoured?

Do the people who voted for him have no shame?

????????????????

Giggs, born in..........Cardiff.

Played international football for........Wales.

Please explain?

9 times out of 10 Didn't Manure pull him from Internationals due to injury yet he nearly always played the following weekend for the scum

Think he only ever played once in his International career in a away friendly ever for Wales. Not sure its even once, could be zero

Actually I think I had a Nintendo. I don't get hangovers, my knuckles are just fine thanks, and I have full control of my bladder.

Having to go to the car wash was probably enough at the time for him to pull out of the mid week international...

The poster above is right ....... he DOES deserve a long service award , that's beyond doubt ..... but from his club!

If any rag deserved it surely Ronaldo or Tevez , Ferdinand or Vidic should have been ahead of him.

To name Giggs player of the year is absolutely ridiculous , but completely unsuprising when you look at who he actually plays for ........ there must surely have been other candidates for this title this season ....... probably Gerrard , Torres or Lampard maybe?

The poster above is right ......... he DOES deserve a long service award , that's beyond doubt ..... but from his club!

If any rag deserved it surely Ronaldo or Tevez , Ferdinand or Vidic should have been ahead of him.

To name Giggs player of the year is absolutely ridiculous , but completely unsuprising when you look at who he actually plays for ........ there must surely have been other candidates for this title this season ....... probably Gerrard , Torres or Lampard maybe?

PSmyth07 said:
People do realise its voted by players. He won't get into the football writers shortlist.

The thing that is ludacris, all the other seasons he's played almost every game and not won it, yet this season, he hasn't played as much and won it. Maybe the players know something we don't.
I don't agree that it's ludicrous for him not to have won the award in the past. Ryan Giggs has been a consistently good performer since the Premiership began, that I'll agree, but you can be consistently good without being the BEST in any one season. I wouldn't argue if he was given a 'lifetime achievement award' or something like that, but this award just smacks of sentimentality rather than rewarding the best performer.

I'd also question the voting time. Why take votes for the 2008/9 season in January/February? What's wrong with having the vote in mid April, when the season is virtually done and you've got a better picture? Ashley Young is a case in point. He was probably up there neck and neck with Ireland back in January as the best young player, however since then he's dropped off quite a bit whereas Ireland has continued at his high level. A vote in April, I'm convinced, would have seen Ireland as the winner.

vincent said:
Player of the year. 12 prem starts. what a joke.

It is a joke that the votes are cast in February, theres still half of the season to play after Feb, so how can you vote fairly when theres only half the season played!?

From around Dec to Feb i think United had a few injuries and suspensions and Giggs played a number of games but if you look over the last 2 or3 months Giggs has hardly started a game, if any! How can that be fair!?

In my opinion, if you take into consideration consistency, games played and started, games finished, time spent out with injury or suspension, motm peformances, goals, assists and general contribution to the teams play; i think Frank Lampard has been the best in the Premier Lg this season, and he wasnt even in the list of nominees!

BobbyJo said:
Harold said:
Giggs was utterly corrupted and turned his back on his country.

How can such a person ever be honoured?

Do the people who voted for him have no shame?

????????????????

Giggs, born in..........Cardiff.

Played international football for........Wales.

Please explain?

The point is he "played" for Wales.

If a player was needed by England, and refused to play, the press would be all over him. He certainly wouldn't be getting player of the year.

He gets paid by United and that is where his loyalty lies.

You may not get paid like the Premiership, but pride and honour should be its own reward.

There is more to life than greed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.