Gigs Thread

Saw Alice Cooper in Birmingham on Wednesday night (supported by Primal Scream). Alice still delivers despite being in his 70’s. His very well drilled band are much younger.

Despite his last two albums being very good, he only played on song from them and just delivered “hit” after “hit”.

Hadn’t seen him for a few years but his Halloween visits to the UK are a fun tradition.

Just been to see Peter Hook and The Light at the Parr Hall. Did 15 New Order songs to start and then 15 Joy Division. 2 hr 15 mins on stage. Not bad at 68! Absolutely smashed the Joy Division set. New Order have always been a bit so so for me so that bit wasn’t as good but still some crackers in amongst them.
Went to see them at Rock City Nottingham last night, brilliant gig at one of my favourite venues.

Saw Alice Cooper in Birmingham on Wednesday night (supported by Primal Scream). Alice still delivers despite being in his 70’s. His very well drilled band are much younger.

Despite his last two albums being very good, he only played on song from them and just delivered “hit” after “hit”.

Hadn’t seen him for a few years but his Halloween visits to the UK are a fun tradition.
What a chameleon-like band Primal Scream are. Surprised to read of them and Cooper on a bill together! Maybe they played a set emphasising their rock side rather than their club/dance electronic stuff.

Glad you enjoyed AC anyway.

He is good value for money. £36 for 30 songs. Would you agree that he nails the Joy Division set? Flew by that one.
Yes in fairness, I preferred they Joy Division set, although we missed the first 3 songs of the New Order set, because we were told by security that stage time was 7.30 so we went for another pint, got in at quarter past and they had been on for 15 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.