Gillet to cash in on Asset

Holcombe bloo said:
taken off bbc website:

Liverpool co-owner George Gillett is to sell one of his major US assets in a deal which could ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.

He is selling his stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Potentially I think this may increase their transfer budget and make them more difficult to catch. Hopefully tho I dont think it'll affect the Tevez deal.

Will take weeks and weeks and weeks to complete, apparently, and they STILL won't have anything like the amount of money that we have at our disposal.

blueinsa said:
It makes no difference what he does, they will not be in a position to spend huge amounts it will just go to cover debts.

Nobody and i mean nobody is in a position to challange us financially and this will only change if and more likely, when another club is taken over by a group with a similar wealth to ours.

We shouldnt worry about others but i think that it is imperative that we use the time we have now, when we cant be challanged to get our noses in front asap because one day we will not enjoy the position we currently have.

IMO
Yep! agree.

Pam said:
Holcombe bloo said:
taken off bbc website:

Liverpool co-owner George Gillett is to sell one of his major US assets in a deal which could ease financial pressures at the Premier League club.

He is selling his stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens in a deal reported to be worth at least $550m (£332.9m).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Potentially I think this may increase their transfer budget and make them more difficult to catch. Hopefully tho I dont think it'll affect the Tevez deal.

Will take weeks and weeks and weeks to complete, apparently, and they STILL won't have anything like the amount of money that we have at our disposal.

Agreed. They'll need that amount to satisfy the banks next month and as much again for the new stadium.

It was stated on SSN this morning that somebody from the UAE is about to buy a 60% stake in a Premiership club and is not linked to the guy looking at Portsmouth.

Something will be announced later this week. I hope it's not Liverpool.

they wont be able to get the money and the deal in time....it wont effect tevez at all....he's ours in the bag

blueinsa said:
It makes no difference what he does, they will not be in a position to spend huge amounts it will just go to cover debts.

Nobody and i mean nobody is in a position to challange us financially and this will only change if and more likely, when another club is taken over by a group with a similar wealth to ours.

We shouldnt worry about others but i think that it is imperative that we use the time we have now, when we cant be challanged to get our noses in front asap because one day we will not enjoy the position we currently have.

IMO

Definitely, us thinking no other team will eventually be taken over and then be able to match or at least come close to our wealth is every bit as deluded as those fans of other teams who pretend our new found wealth doesn't make us a threat.

That's why we need to get as far ahead as we can before it inevitably happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.