Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

when 7-o-clock blades were "the" blade, Wilkinson's Sword came along and out-performed them on sharpness and longevity by quite a stretch. Inevitably swallowed up by a yank outfit, ended up dearer and less durable, the same outfit now behind the "Harry's" venture. Like fashion, health-care and most things aimed at consumers, the "new big thing" is not always better, but as long as sales get a boost, who cares. Designed-in obsolescence needs tackling if the planet really is at risk imo, millions of vehicles scrapped yearly due to the car lobby dictating to governments what constitutes "safety issues.
rolls37c.jpg

There was a time when I had to shave my blue jowls twice a day that I was duped into buying one of these .....

You are winning me over. Is it a close and almost cut free shave though?

Fill sink with red hot water and put brush and razor in to warm and then take your shower and wash your face as a minimum, preferably exfoliate with a scrub.

This is a must and as a minimum wash your face with hot water and soap if not showering.

Shake brush off and spend 5 mins creating a nice lather in soap dish that your soap will come in anyway or in a dish if you are using creme which you wont need a lot off and just use the moisture in the brush after shaking it off with a drop of water added if its too dry.

once thats done wet the face again with hot water....hot water is key, it opens the pores and then lather your face up making sure you use the bristles on the brush to stimulate the hairs as it will make them stand up.

I now run hot water and wet/clean the razor head in between each pass.

DE razors are heavy for a reason, the blade sharp as fuck for a reason so be gentle and use a light touch. No need to dig in or push or pull, let it glide and let it cut the hairs as designed, not rip them out. Shave with the grain always first pass. That will give you a great shave mate and dependant on your growth can last most guys a couple of days if not too fussy.

baby smooth as above but after first pass wet face, hot water again and go from one side to the other.

3rd pass the other way and for a 4th, go against but very very lightly.

Do that for a night out, pre shag or you want a shave that will last you for a good few days.

Afterwards rinse with cold water always, use a styptic pencil for any nicks if you get the odd one which shouldn't happen if you do it right and always always use a post shave moisturiser.

It takes no longer than a normal shave once you have your routine and confident and its the best shave you will ever have and will save you a fortune cash wise.

Fill sink with red hot water and put brush and razor in to warm and then take your shower and wash your face as a minimum, preferably exfoliate with a scrub.

This is a must and as a minimum wash your face with hot water and soap if not showering.

Shake brush off and spend 5 mins creating a nice lather in soap dish that your soap will come in anyway or in a dish if you are using creme which you wont need a lot off and just use the moisture in the brush after shaking it off with a drop of water added if its too dry.

once thats done wet the face again with hot water....hot water is key, it opens the pores and then lather your face up making sure you use the bristles on the brush to stimulate the hairs as it will make them stand up.

DE razors are heavy for a reason, the blade sharp as fuck for a reason so be gentle and use a light touch. No need to dig in or push or pull, let it glide and let it cut the hairs as designed, not rip them out. Shave with the grain always first pass. That will give you a great shave mate and dependant on your growth can last most guys a couple of days if not too fussy.

baby smooth as above but after first pass wet face, hot water again and go from one side to the other.

Do that for a night out, pre shag or you want a shave that will last you for a good few days.

Afterwards rinse with cold water always, use a styptic pencil for any nicks if you get the odd one which shouldn't happen if you do it right and always always use a post shave moisturiser.

It takes no longer than a normal shave once you have your routine and confident and its the best shave you will ever have and will save you a fortune cash wise.
This seems sound advice pal. I'm gonna send for one and go for it. Sick of rip off priced cartridges. Cheers: )

Is this the same routine you use for shaving your bollocks?

This sounds like sound advice pal. I'm gonna send for one and go for it. Sick of rip off priced cartridges. Cheers: )

Merkur are brilliant and £30/£40 will get you a top razor that you will take to the grave.

Feather blades sharp as fuck and available online. One blade will last you 7 shaves easy if your growth isn't too thick and you clean it so a pack of 10 is 70 shaves say for very little money. 100 blade pack on ebay is £16.50.

Soap or creme for a Taylors of Bond which i use is about £15 but get online, you will get a deal and it will last you months dependant on how much you shave so again, saving cash, better shave.

Treat yourself to a boar hair brush, bigger is better if you have a large face. Some really expensive ones out there as their is with razors but again, £30/£40 will get you a great brush that looked after will last forever really.

Enjoy and you will enjoy as it becomes part of your routine.

Merkur are brilliant and £30/£40 will get you a top razor that you will take to the grave.

Feather blades sharp as fuck and available online. One blade will last you 7 shaves easy if your growth isn't too thick and you clean it so a pack of 10 is 70 shaves say for very little money. 100 blade pack on ebay is £16.50.

Soap or creme for a Taylors of Bond which i use is about £15 but get online, you will get a deal and it will last you months dependant on how much you shave so again, saving cash, better shave.

Treat yourself to a boar hair brush, bigger is better if you have a large face. Some really expensive ones out there as their is with razors but again, £30/£40 will get you a great brush that looked after will last forever really.

Enjoy and you will enjoy as it becomes part of your routine.
I think I'll definitely have to put my horror of using my dad's one blade razor behind me and invest in one of these mate. Probably amongst the best wet shave blade handle and blades out there from what you're saying.

I got bought a good set years ago, a present by my ex Mrs iirc. Good quality set with badger bristle brush and shaving cream. Like you say it takes longer and I agree that having a shower first and using water as hot as is bearable is best. Probably be more confident nowadays as my skin is older and less likely to cut as easy from a sharp single blade. And those styptic pencils sting like fuck from how I remember; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.