Gio Kinkladze Documentary

Most overrated player in city history. The fact that some of you think he could play in the modern city team is laughable. He ended his relevant professional career in the championship with Derby at the age of 30 and couldnt get in the Ajax team after leaving us.

We got relegated twice with him in the team ffs.

He wouldnt get anywhere near the premier league these days at the level it is now at and you’re all blinded by nostalgia and match of the day highlights.

A 90s Lee Trundle.
Partially agree .
Hes not the most overrated. Plenty of them over the years...
He was amazing on his day and unstoppable in patches of games.

Unfortunetly he was inconsistant , lazy and played for himself.

We had absolutlely nothing to crow about them days until this little fella gave us something to smile and cheer about.
but your right - and the facts tell you that we were relegated twice. It wasnt his fault i agree but the focus was on his mecurial skills and he delivered them sporadically.

In a city team today and with a coach giving him instruction and disipline- i believe he would cut it in the prem !

My memory of Kinkadze like some others starts with that Tottenham debut. He was a signing on a different level from what we were used too. His touch was sublime, his speed and acceleration were exceptional and everything looked so effortless. You did not need to be a genius to see we had signed a player of tremendous ability.

That first season was the true Kinkladze and in most home games especially, he did some truly memorable things, often coming close to some extraordinary goals, beyond those that he actually scored. Although a great player afterwards, whatever anyone says, his speed and dribbling were at another level at this time and his fitness levels were good also.

I remember watching first team training from behind the fence at Platt Lane as some of us used to do back in the day. It may have been pre- season for following year. They were doing shuttle runs and Geo decided not to do any, instead lying down at the side. Alan Ball watched on and let him get away with it. The general feeling you got was that the other players and staff were in awe of him and he could get away with anything he wanted. Saw him out quite a few times in the nightclubs with Nicky Summerbee and although he never looked really drunk, his lifestyle and levels of commitment meant for me he never reached those first season levels again. The club at the time was a lot less professional and if someone like Pep had got hold of the young Kinkladze, God only knows what he could have achieved.

I really do not buy any of the comments made doubting his ability. These people clearly do not properly understand the game. He was a true genius, playing for us in the wrong era and someone who had the ability to play in any of our modern era teams.

Cheers to Kinky and of course the King! Let's celebrate our legends, including those who played in the good and bad times of our underrated history
The lad was a joy to watch.

Most overrated player in city history. The fact that some of you think he could play in the modern city team is laughable. He ended his relevant professional career in the championship with Derby at the age of 30 and couldnt get in the Ajax team after leaving us.

He wouldnt get anywhere near the premier league these days at the level it is now at and you’re all blinded by nostalgia and match of the day highlights.

A 90s Lee Trundle.
Had the talent without doubt but an absolute waster, was too worried about shagging and drinking with Nicholas Summerbee.

Peak Kinkladze should have been playing for the best clubs in the world, outside Manchester and Georgia he is a nobody, says everything.

A 90s Lee Trundle.

@franksinatra

A 90s Lee Trundle.
You are destroying my childhood memories. He provided something entertaining in a very dark time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.