Giovanni Reyna

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
I’m surprised he didn’t transfer from NYFC to our academy in the first place, how were Dortmund allowed to get him when we should have pick of the bunch
I stand to be corrected but I remember something about he couldn't play for City the same way as Steffen couldn't originally
He didn't have enough criteria to play for us. He hadn't enough USA caps or wouldn't have been in our highest earners.
Because of his age at the time I thought he could just join our under age squad but maybe not.

I stand to be corrected but I remember something about he couldn't play for City the same way as Steffen couldn't originally
He didn't have enough criteria to play for us. He hadn't enough USA caps or wouldn't have been in our highest earners.
Because of his age at the time I thought he could just join our under age squad but maybe not.
You’re wrong, I’m pretty certain.

1 Reyna went to Germany at the same age
2 Steffen was always eligible for City, we just wanted to give him game time and wait for Bravo to leave
3 He was born in England
4 He almost certainly would have passed the exceptional talent rule or whatever it’s called

The reason he went to Dortmund is because it was the best choice for his development and his Dad (CFG exec at the time) wasn’t going to prioritise CFG over his son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.