Giovanni Reyna

• Thread starter Deleted member 87819
  • Start date
The report also details a growing dissatisfaction felt by Claudio and Danielle Reyna over their son's place on the USMNT, the culmination of which was the phone call with Stewart. While at the World Cup in Qatar, the Reynas became increasingly upset with their son's lack of playing time, at which point they both began to make vague threats over Berhalter's career. According to one unnamed source interviewed by investigators, Claudio and Danielle refused to get back on the team bus following the USMNT's group-stage match against Wales, in which Gio was an unused substitute. The next day, Danielle spoke to this source and said about Gregg Berhalter, "Once this tournament is over, I can make one phone call and give one interview, and his cool sneakers and bounce passes will be gone."

USMNT general manager Brian McBride had similar interactions with Claudio Reyna. He showed investigators a text message that Claudio sent him after the Wales match, which read: "Our entire family is disgusted, angry, and done with you guys. Don’t expect nice comments from anyone in our family about US Soccer. I’m being transparent to you not like the political clown show of the federation." McBride and Stewart met with the Reynas two days later to try and smooth things over, at which point Claudio told them, "you guys don't even know what we know about Gregg," without offering any details.

The report also details interactions between Claudio Reyna and U.S. Soccer in the years leading up to the World Cup, in which he consistently comes off as a nightmarish sports parent. In 2018, he sent an email complaining that a female referee was involved in a match that Gio played in, writing, "And in all honest [sic] can we get real and have male refs for a game like this. Its embarrassing guys. What are we trying to prove? A game like this deserves bett[e]r attention."

Berhalter is out of his depth.
But since this a thread about gio, not sure what's going on with him. He's hardly playing now when he was a regular starter not long ago(injuries aside)

I always liked Reyna (the older one) but yeah turns out he's a bit of a nutjob

Reyna (the younger one) is an incredibly talented player but has struggled to remain healthy and now has this clown show surrounding him. I'd love for him to take the next step in his career but currently he's not good enough for us and that's not even touching the off the field situation

I always liked Reyna (the older one) but yeah turns out he's a bit of a nutjob

Reyna (the younger one) is an incredibly talented player but has struggled to remain healthy and now has this clown show surrounding him. I'd love for him to take the next step in his career but currently he's not good enough for us and that's not even touching the off the field situation

Gregg Berhalter started the feud before Claudio ever got involved.

Berhalter shouldn’t have been in charge in the first place. See video for background on that and how he treated Giovanni Reyna. Very dodgy on Berhalter’s part.

Gregg Berhalter started the feud before Claudio ever got involved.

Berhalter shouldn’t have been in charge in the first place. See video for background on that and how he treated Giovanni Reyna. Very dodgy on Berhalter’s part.

I don't know, reputable online football news sites say both Claudio and Dani Reyna are to blame. You post a YouTube video saying otherwise. Seems legit. Have you any denying the holocaust happened or that all mass shootings are government set ups?

Of course I'm being hyperbolic. My point is, many YouTube videos are garbage and treated with skepticism until proven otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.