Girona FC 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girona, currently challenging for EL place, face relegation-fighting Deportivo. Both teams are very motivated, no rotation from Machin.

Just realised they were on, currently split-screening with the Monaco game.

They lead 1-0, which puts them in a Europa League spot! Unbelievable effort.

Last edited:
2-0 to Girona.

Looks live they are moving into 6th until Villarreal play on Sunday.

Maffeo looking solid as usual.

From a CFG point of view they're almost bordering on doing too well now. I don't think we'd want them in European competitions, and it probably wouldn't be great for them either, Eibar fell into that trap a couple of years ago, small squad stretched too thin too soon after promotion.

Insane season from Girona, read Machin's presser, they're pleasantly shocked themselves) Wonder what CFG's plans are for the next season if LE qualification is accomplished.
They'll need some investment just to save their squad, Cristian Portu will be a hot property this summer. All City loans bar Maffeo have failed, some quality players should be added for rotation purposes at least.

Machin is incredible. He along with Eibar's Mendilibar is definitely La Liga's manager of the season. Shows unreal quality of CFG's management once again!

Insane season from Girona, read Machin's presser, they're pleasantly shocked themselves) Wonder what CFG's plans are for the next season if LE qualification is accomplished.
They'll need some investment just to save their squad, Cristian Portu will be a hot property this summer. All City loans bar Maffeo have failed, some quality players should be added for rotation purposes at least.

Machin is incredible. He along with Eibar's Mendilibar is definitely La Liga's manager of the season. Shows unreal quality of CFG's management once again!
Their goalkeeper seems to be their only big weakness, from what I`ve seen. Maybe Muric could play there? If Portu is sold in the summer, I think Brahim Diaz could be a good replacement, but we should only loan him out if he is guaranteed to play like Maffeo, and not any of the other youngsters.

Their goalkeeper seems to be their only big weakness, from what I`ve seen. Maybe Muric could play there? If Portu is sold in the summer, I think Brahim Diaz could be a good replacement, but we should only loan him out if he is guaranteed to play like Maffeo, and not any of the other youngsters.
Girona is too strong for Diaz, wouldn't play there IMO. Staying in EDS or going to Bristol City would be a better solution.

Perhaps that young CB from Zwolle (Sandler?) could help Girona next season.

Girona is too strong for Diaz, wouldn't play there IMO. Staying in EDS or going to Bristol City would be a better solution.

Perhaps that young CB from Zwolle (Sandler?) could help Girona next season.
Diaz has not looked out of place for us, so I think he could do a job for Girona, but I am afraid he would not be given enough playing time. A loan to a lower tier PL team would be ideal imo. I have not seen Sandler play, so I have no idea if he is good enough for them, but Gironas centrebacks have looked great, and I don`t know if they need more centrebacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.