Girona FC 2017/2018

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Andrew___K, 1 Aug 2017.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

There was talk of conflict of interest in European games due to ownership issues, I assume there's no issues with CL/Europa or is there? Technically we could finish third and end up playing against eachother next season.

Anyway they're doing fantastic & a pleasure to watch.

2. bondsman

bondsman

Every time I see Maffeo I think the lad looks good. Defo should be here next year as back deputy to Walker

3. decmancity

decmancity

We don't technically own them, we are at 49% or something so 'legally' no conflict.

Regarding the result, another fantastic win. They definitely need some more players in to boost the first 11 but also the squad so they can have a crack at either Europa if they get there or just the spanish cups.

4. billymumphrey

billymumphrey

Would qualifying for Europe be a help or a hindrance for them?

5. MillionDollarDream

MillionDollarDream

Hinder them, already have a small squad and hardly rotate as is. If we decide to loan them players again the manager might actually go against his will and play them more.

6. billymumphrey

billymumphrey

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines of Ipswich Town at the turn of the century. Promoted, perform beyond expectations, qualified for the UEFA cup, but then relegated the next season.

7. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

I’d love to see that. You can be sure that Pep is monitoring the lad closely.

8. decmancity

decmancity

They will be able to strengthen in the summer, not just players from us. I wonder if we might look to move over Manu Garcia, Angelino and maybe Celina etc to bolster their squad but they will also have some money to look at bringing in others.

They hardly rotate at the minute and have solely focused on the league because that is the most important part of their season.

9. Afganitia

Afganitia

Well, Girona is not precisely a well off club. They have spent a grand total of 6M euros this season in 15 players. You can't buy much with that.

10. KCblue

KCblue

Think Sandler, Manu Garcia, and if they'd take him back, Aleix Garcia would all benefit from a loan there next season. Thierry Ambrose is now on double digit goals in the Eredivisie as well, but no clue what his future has in store for him.