Girona - Post match Thread

Our fringe players, those who didn't start at Brighton, will really have benefited from this run out. I always assumed that when the season kicked off all of the players would be match fit. But I don't think that's anything like true these days. A consequence of summer tournaments and summer tours. In t'olden days when the players stayed at home for pre season the senior players would feature in 3 or 4 games as they do now. But there would also be a number of behind closed door games against clubs like Rochdale and Bury. The fringe players /reserves/juniors/ players recovering from injury would play in those games and get plenty of minutes under their belt. Nowadays they're playing 20 -30 mins in the USA or Asia.

Fortunately most of our rivals do the same so we're not really at a disadvantage.

watching Hoff-LFC CL qualy, its easy to see that our match against Grinonws purly pratic. amd there is nothing take or worrry about, we have the speed and plyers, this just a pute friendly and nothing more. No Worries.

Positives - minutes for Gundy, Bernado and the kids.
Maybe convinced Pep to keep Mangala as CB cover

Negatives - none really but proves Sane is better going forward than backwards but the cynic might say Pep was proving a point to the board too?

I must have watched a different game.

I really enjoyed it, thought it was an excellent workout for the lads, allowing some of the important players to get mins in their legs - Yaya, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo etc

Found it funny in the second half how dirty the game became, we were trying to treat it as a friendly whereas Girona wanted to kick lumps out of us, so we returned the favour.

Sane not happy playing at wingback.
Stones needs to sharpen up.
Foden and Brahim out of their depth.
Sterling played well and looks up for it.
Mangala played well.
Great to see Ilkay get on the pitch.

That's about it for me.

That result is nothing a couple of hundred mil wont fix.
200w.webp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.