"Give Eastlands It's Kippax" Update - Meeting Planned

We need to do something and your idea is the start of it hopefully. The North Stand renamed the Kippax, large flag every home game passed around the Stand with fans banners covering all the edges of the stand. The players tend to come out and warm up at that end so would add to the build up.

Immaculate Pasta, have you had the meeting yet for this? Garry Cook mentioned looking into relocating the away fans at the most recent fans' roadshow event and it's certainly a very valid issue. By the way, the only time I went in the South Stand I had people screaming at me to sit down. I'm all for this idea as I think a whole singing stand would be epic, I'm just not convinced as to where the best location for this would be.

rowsley_st said:
I could understand it if the whole of our part of the South stand were singers and we wanted to expand that...but it isn't, there are only two blocks that sing there anyway, 116 and 117. (Plus singers corner).
The away fans being there creates the atmosphere too, and what do you mean " a designated end that Maine Rd had"..eh?...you mean Platt Lane right?...no!
The north stand had the atmosphere because it was one tier and the away fans were there too.
BAD MOVE in my opinion..especially if the thought is to move away fans right out of the way in the 3rd tier or whatever.

Why not have a voting button on this forum to gauge opinion too?..Then you could see at a glance what the feeling is (at least for bluemooners).
Keep it to 4 suggestions...

My opinion is that the away fans are moved to singers corner and the end block of the South stand and East stand upstairs and down...BUT, There must be a massive effort by the club involving all forums and supporters branches to push the fact that this would free up space for SINGERS, there are too many in the south stand already that just stand, arms folded and only make a noise when we score or they've got wind.

The club could help along with this by having volunteers have those massive flags on poles behind the goal before the match/2nd half etc and also by having one huge banner which comes down from the 2nd tier and covers the bottom tier before the game.
PC now messing up...argh, an Iwas on a roll!!!!

you do realise that 111 is south stand

Definitely support need for one end. Need to think alomg lines of Anfield's Kop. Woudl support extra tier - the steeper the better to engender intimiadting atmostphere. Liverpool have won may games I am sure because of their kop atmostphere.

cynghordy said:
Definitely support need for one end. Need to think alomg lines of Anfield's Kop. Woudl support extra tier - the steeper the better to engender intimiadting atmostphere. Liverpool have won may games I am sure because of their kop atmostphere.

There is one end though - the North stand. Ths is quiet though as it is not next to the away fans. I struggle to see what difference moving the away fans will make. If you move them to the North Stand for example, i would be willing to bet that the majority of the noise would come from the surrounding areas and the south stand would not be the focal point. Its always been the way.

I think Eastlands having kippax would be a brilliant idea. At the moment we have the singing section singing bluemoon, while the south stand sing "we are the southstand". And to be honest it sounds awful! So if we have all these people singing at once it makes for a louder atmosphere, and the louder the singing, the more people around the stadium join in.

johnmc said:
cynghordy said:

There is one end though - the North stand. Ths is quiet though as it is not next to the away fans. I struggle to see what difference moving the away fans will make.

The problem is that the current secitons who want to sing are too small and can't make enough noise, as well as singing different songs at different times totally out of synch. If they were put together it would make a lot more noise as one. Whether it would catch on around the stadium I don't know but the one loud stand would sound much better anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.