"Give Eastlands It's Kippax" Update - Meeting Planned

GStar said:
johnmc said:
Hamburg showed that it can be done without moving anyone.

If we rearrange it now it will please some and annoy others and might not have any affect. There is no evidence whatsoever to say it would improve

Yep. Where ever you move the away fans (other than the 3rd tier currenty) there will always be supporters on both sides.

Imo, its an utterly pointless "operation" which would also end up with me having a worse view next season

Do you think my edited post above would be pointless?

Bullshit. Anyone in the south stand or 111 today must fucking know the score. 111 sing to themsleves and the south stand sing songs to themselves. We need to be put together in one solid stand. Songs made by either end just don't catch on. We'll be fighting a losing battle for as long as evryone's split up

The Fat el Hombre said:
Bullshit. Anyone in the south stand or 111 today must fucking know the score. 111 sing to themsleves and the south stand sing songs to themselves. We need to be put together in one solid stand. Songs made by either end just don't catch on. We'll be fighting a losing battle for as long as evryone's split up

What you think of this soloution then?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Does no one want to go?

Lots of posts on the atmosphere today or lack of it.

After reading through this thread it is quite interesting hearing all the views. A tiny part of me now agrees that moving the away fans up in the gods would not improve the atmosphere and on a cold night in January against Wigan it might hamper it as home and away fans interaction does spice up an atmosphere.

So like has been suggested why not just swap over the "Singing Section" blocks of 110 and 111 with 114 and 115 like this below.

5txdt.jpg

This way everyone gets their wish.

Those who want a full end of singing City fans get their wish because 119, 118, 117, 116, 115 and 114 will be occupied by City fans so about 80% of the south stand will be City.

Those who still want to be next to the away fans because it generates the atmosphere get their wish as they are still next to the away fans.

Even those who want the away fans off the TV get their wish as they will be in the corner.

Even the club will gain out of this as they won't need to do alot of work to achieve it.

To me it's the perfect plan, all it is swapping 110 and 111 with the away fans to all join up as one which will give Eastlands one voice where the North, East and Colin Bell stands can all join in instead of not knowing and not hearing two pockets of City fans singing two different songs at the same time.

If anyone agrees with this and wants to go to the meeting then please PM and i'll give you all the details.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Do you think my edited post above would be pointless?

Personally, yes.

Sticking 110/111 on the periphery of the current South Stand i dont think would work. 110/111 are extrememly close to the away fans currently, theres a lot of fan interaction, infact when opposition teams chant, the majority seem to do it towards 110/111. Moving that section further away from the away fans would probably disgruntle more than a few.

Then you've got fans that want to be in the "Kippax" but can't because its full. Where do they go? Yep, the other side of the away fans. This trend grows and we end up with two "singing sections" again and the same problem arises.

Putting the away fans in the third tier wouldn't work, the atmosphere in the ground would really plummet.

I personally don't think theres too much problem currently, if a chant gets going enough to encompass the whole ground then everyones happy. If it doesn't, and the two sides sing different songs, then theres still atmosphere and the louder sound will cut through over the top.

As mentioned theres been games at CoMS that proves the ground can be electric when people want it to be.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Hardly.

Ther'll always be supporters wanting to sing and create banter on both sides of the away fans. When the SS is full, supporters will move to the other side. Therefore if you see the inability for sound to travel over the away fans, and two sets of supporters singing; moving the away fans and putting 111/SS together solves fuck all.

GStar said:
Sticking 110/111 on the periphery of the current South Stand i dont think would work. 110/111 are extrememly close to the away fans currently, theres a lot of fan interaction, infact when opposition teams chant, the majority seem to do it towards 110/111. Moving that section further away from the away fans would probably disgruntle more than a few..

I take your point but wouldn't the away fans in the "new" location be looking at the whole of the south stand and thus not losing any of that close interaction. They would simply be doing what they do to 110 and 111 on a much bigger scale to the whole of the South Stand which would make it better as it wouldn't be 1500 away fans v 500 City fans, it would be 1500 away fans v 3000 City fans.

GStar said:
Then you've got fans that want to be in the "Kippax" but can't because its full. Where do they go? Yep, the other side of the away fans. This trend grows and we end up with two "singing sections" again and the same problem arises.

Well not really as the majority of seats on either side of the away fans in it's current location are taken by seasonticket holders. There are alot of seasonticket holders in both the south stand and 110/111 and they would still be next to the away fans so their wouldn't be any changing around.

GStar said:
Putting the away fans in the third tier wouldn't work, the atmosphere in the ground would really plummet.

I agree and i have said that, that idea has been binned.

GStar said:
I personally don't think theres too much problem currently, if a chant gets going enough to encompass the whole ground then everyones happy. If it doesn't, and the two sides sing different songs, then theres still atmosphere and the louder sound will cut through over the top..

No offence mate but where do you sit? If you sit in either the south stand or 110/111 then the atmosphere will be buzzing. Try sitting in the other areas of the ground and you will see the problem. I did one half last year sat on my own in 109 and thought it was buzzing and a great atmosphere, i then moved to 136 in the north stand to sit near my mate and all you could hear was two "pockets" of fans singing different songs at the same time and it was wank. You get one big group of people singing the same song at the same time and you will then get the north, the east, the colin bell even the people in the gods singing more often.

GStar said:
As mentioned theres been games at CoMS that proves the ground can be electric when people want it to be.

You are right, but it can also be improved ten folds from a poor atmosphere to a decent one for the less glamourous games.

GStar said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Hardly.

Ther'll always be supporters wanting to sing and create banter on both sides of the away fans. When the SS is full, supporters will move to the other side. Therefore if you see the inability for sound to travel over the away fans, and two sets of supporters singing; moving the away fans and putting 111/SS together solves fuck all.

How will they? There won't be any seats available for them to move into as they are all taken up already.

As you've probably already guessed im in 111, so every game is indeed buzzing.

Moving 110/111 onto the end of the south stand wont make the North Stand any more rocking than it currently is?

When it comes to buying ST's each season, fans will try to get into the "Kippax". I'd guess within the first season it will be more than full, cue supporters congragating on the other side of the away fans and thus the same "problem" persues.

GStar said:
As you've probably already guessed im in 111, so every game is indeed buzzing.

Which is understandable, i myself had that same view. If you try and see the other 40,000+ views on the situation you will see that there is a problem in the way it is set out.

GStar said:
Moving 110/111 onto the end of the south stand wont make the North Stand any more rocking than it currently is?.

It won't make the North Stand rocking, the majority of people who sit in that stand don't go to the game for the atmosphere, they go to watch the game. What it will do though is enable them to participate more often in some of the songs because they will be joining in with one loud voice and not two different murmurs.

GStar said:
When it comes to buying ST's each season, fans will try to get into the "Kippax". I'd guess within the first season it will be more than full, cue supporters congragating on the other side of the away fans and thus the same "problem" persues.

I can't see how this would happen. As i have said i'd hazard a guess that 90% of all seats currently on either side of the away fans are seasonticket holders. I doubt anyone of those at this present moment will be getting rid of those. You'd find it very hard to get a seat in either 110/111 or the south stand for any games this season so there will be no seats available to buy season tickets so you wouldn't get the problem you have said.

Immaculate Pasta said:
GStar said:

I can't see how this would happen. As i have said i'd hazard a guess that 90% of all seats currently on either side of the away fans are seasonticket holders. I doubt anyone of those at this present moment will be getting rid of those. You'd find it very hard to get a seat in either 110/111 or the south stand for any games this season so there will be no seats available to buy season tickets so you wouldn't get the problem you have said.

You'll get exactly that problem.

You've admitted 90% + of both 110/111 & SS are season ticket holders. Therefore, people wanting to join in ( both the SS and 110 seem to have grown this season) will try and get a ticket in the "Kippax". I'd guess that would fill next season. Therefore everyone who can't get a ticket there will naturally get a ticket on the opposite side of the away fans so they can recreate the same situation as the "Kippax".

Thats kind of how 110/111 was created, along with the club advertising it as the "singing section".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.