Ben Haim-£5 million
SWP-£8 million
Berti-free
Jo(he was only signed with Hughes' blessing) £19 million
Robinho-£32 million
Kompany-£7million
£76 million worth of international footballers

all Hughes signings
the arab money was not in the job description, so to say he only had a day to buy is utter bollocks
its his team, we started pre-season in june so he's had 6 months to mould a team that at least looks like it
has potential to achieve more than just premier league survival

Wrong.

Jo was not his signing. He had no choice.
Robinho was not his signing. He had no choice.

Theres over £50m worth of money not spent by Hughes.

the Jo transfer was set up and put on hold until Hughes decided if he wanted him
Robinho is a world class player Big Phil Scolari deemed good enough for his Chelsea team
and any manager in the league would have him
if it wasnt for Robinho we would be bottom of the league now

Mate Jo was coming regardless the deal had been in the works since before Sven left. Hughes may have went along with it for many reasons and no doubt he saw potential in Jo but is by no means Hughes' signing.

Hughes was playing golf when the Robinho rumours popped up, he's an Abu Dhabi buy, ofcourse, I doubt Hughes would object to Robinho coming to his club but he didnt send scouts out to look at him, he wouldnt have had time to consult with anyone, he wouldn't have done most of the deal. Not his buy.

I think you'll find the players under fire, with the exeption of Jo, are all players hughes has inherited.

If it wasnt for:

Zabaleta
SWP
Robinho
Kompany

We'd be in a much worse state than we are now. OK Ben Haim isnt great and we havent seen Berti but, i think Hughes's signings are the last thing people should be criticising, tactics and team selection perhaps...but signings - nah.

il padrino said:
Zabaleta-£5 million - looks a bargain
Ben Haim-£5 million not impressed so far but was good at Bolton
SWP-£8 million IS a bargain
Berti-free how can you complain about free as cover???
Jo(he was only signed with Hughes' blessing) £19 million juries out, still time to come good
Robinho-£32 million looking like a good deal to me, even at that price
Kompany-£7million looks a bargain

all Hughes signings
the arab money was not in the job description, so to say he only had a day to buy is utter bollocks
its his team, we started pre-season in june so he's had 6 months to mould a team that at least looks like it

How can you complain about these, it looks to me like these guys are the only ones actually putting effort into their games (excluding Superman). I make it £5m wasted and juries out on another £19m which may or may not come good.

I am not concerned in the slightest about Hughes ability in the transfer market, I am concerned about other stuff but if we get 3-4 1st teamers in January who put in the same shift as Zab, SWP, Vinnie etc then there is a good chance we can move up the table. Especially if we don't have to play Vassell, Benjani and we can give Richards a rest to sort his head out.

yes lets give him another £40 mil to piss up the wall and we finish lower than we did last term well done Hughes for taking us backwards and destroying the dressing room

il padrino said:
Zabaleta-£5 million
Ben Haim-£5 million
SWP-£8 million
Berti-free
Jo(he was only signed with Hughes' blessing) £19 million
Robinho-£32 million
Kompany-£7million

all Hughes signings

I love how people forget that we were on the verge of administration, with all the talk of a firesale etc(with players being sold behind the managers back etc) - even as late as the Milan game. Hughes' pre-season here was the worst(through no fault of his own) pre-season I can remember a City manager ever having.

And of all the things to criticise Hughes for, his transfer dealings are definitely not one of them

another good thread,very encouraged by the support lots of fans have for the current situation.which is a result of the thaksin year in charge.the hughes out fans need to have a holiday get a reality check,read the facts and let the current owners and management team sort it out.

markbmcfc said:
I think you'll find the players under fire, with the exeption of Jo, are all players hughes has inherited.

If it wasnt for:

Zabaleta
SWP
Robinho
Kompany

We'd be in a much worse state than we are now. OK Ben Haim isnt great and we havent seen Berti but, i think Hughes's signings are the last thing people should be criticising, tactics and team selection perhaps...but signings - nah.

Don't forget Ireland who although not a Hughes signing has been awesome under him this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.