Given or Hart

You've gotta laugh everyone was saying Hart the other day, now he didnt have the best of games last night but its pre season and the 1st game back!!

I'll go with the best goalkeeper in the prem last season.

got all faith in Hart being our number 1 next year. Every training session, pre-season game and even throughout the season he create a bond with the 2 CBs that will be our main 2 and he will improve as will they. Hes only 22, was the best keeper in the league last year and with Given doing in his shoulder it wouldnt fill me with confidence if he was number 1 :S

Has to be Hart.
City are building a new team to dominate for years to come so put Hart in now and let the team grow together.
His shot stopping is not quite as good as Givens at the moment but his willingness to come off his line and distribution far better.
I cringe everytime the ball is played back to Given to clear,never gives me confidence (but no-one else seems to mention this so it could be my own nerves!)
Hart was here before the money.
The recurrence of an old injury at his age is also big concern,would Given remain fit for a season if playing regularly.
Use Given in the carling cup just to keep him sharp.

jeffmr2 said:
Has to be Hart.
City are building a new team to dominate for years to come so put Hart in now and let the team grow together.
His shot stopping is not quite as good as Givens at the moment but his willingness to come off his line and distribution far better.
I cringe everytime the ball is played back to Given to clear,never gives me confidence (but no-one else seems to mention this so it could be my own nerves!)
Hart was here before the money.
The recurrence of an old injury at his age is also big concern,would Given remain fit for a season if playing regularly.
Use Given in the carling cup just to keep him sharp.

i know exactly wot ya mean mate... too many times last year given either kicked it out of play or not to our taller targets

Tough choice for Mancini. Neither will want to be no 2. At a push I'd say Given based on experience but both are excellent goalkeepers and we should count our lucky stars we have both of them.

i will alternate the two for matches , there will be probably 60 - 65 matches this season and each goalie will be happy by getting 30 starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.