Given to Spurs

Poor Shay it's a cruel world, it hink he is an absolute star man and a model pro.
I dont want him to go but neither do i wanna see a world class keeper warming benches, if he does go i wish him all the best.

With regards to a swap deal for modric, id have him as a squad player defo not a starter whilst Silva is around

I think we have to accept the fact Shay Given is leaving, though i'd prefer him to stay out of the premier league personally unless we can make some decent amount of money off of him/a player. Looking at the Spurs squad i'm not sure who i'd want and I know this will sound massively controversial but I don't rate Bale as highly as others. Too me he seems to get injured far to much and while this season has obviously seen some stand out performances I'm skeptical of him in the long term. I will be honest, i'm just Jaded and expect everything to fail.

He can cross a ball in mind, something we need.

Marvin said:
Not convinced by Modric.

He's a tidy skilful player, but what did he do this season?

3 league goals from 31 appearances, and doesn't feature in the assists League.

So what does he do? He doesn't tackle, or close players down.

Player Team Assists
1 Nani Manchester United 14
2 Didier Drogba Chelsea 13
3 Leighton Baines Everton 11
Wayne Rooney Manchester United 11
Andrei Arshavin Arsenal 11
Cesc Fábregas Arsenal 11
7 Ashley Young Aston Villa 10
8 Joey Barton Newcastle United 9
Chris Brunt West Bromwich Albion 9
10 Jermaine Pennant Stoke City 8
Rafael Van der Vaart Tottenham Hotspur 8
Charlie Adam Blackpool 8
13 Dirk Kuyt Liverpool 7
Robin Van Persie Arsenal 7
Stewart Downing Aston Villa 7
David Silva Manchester City 7
Theo Walcott Arsenal 7
Peter Odemwingie West Bromwich Albion 7
19 Peter Crouch Tottenham Hotspur 6
Matthew Etherington Stoke City 6
Ryan Giggs Manchester United 6
Darren Fletcher Manchester United 6
Morten Gamst Pedersen Blackburn Rovers 6
Johan Elmander Bolton Wanderers 6
James Milner Manchester City 6
Matthew Jarvis Wolverhampton Wanderers 6
Sebastian Larsson Birmingham 6
Cameron Jerome Birmingham 6
Carlos Tévez Manchester City 6
Lee Chung-Yong Bolton Wanderers 6
But you have to take into account the strikers he had infront of him jermain defoe took 8 MONTHS !! to score a goal. Even silva would have a hard time providing assists for defoe and crouch.

Blue Moon Over Miami said:
Daily Mail is reporting that Spurs is set to sign Villa's Brad Friedel as Gomes' replacement, which would set aside any speculations about Shay going to WHL.

Then again it's the Daily Mail....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ning-Brad-Friedel-replace-Heurelho-Gomes.html

The if i'm not mistaken 40 year old Friedel..? Not going to happen, Spurs are not so retarded to spend money on someone who will only get worse and isn't top 4 (what their aiming for) quality.

We are at a stage now where the media can bring anything from their arse and it still makes them a profit as people still look at the article with no need at all to verify anything as it still gets people looking and technically anything can happen. even though it won't. ever.

I can't wait to hear of some actual signings and start my long summer task of watching every video ever of every player thats transfered to every club. :P

EDIT: watch me get this completely wrong, luckily I haven't made any sort of bet over this. I'll just be surprised, and dissapointed by Spurs.

Not bothered by Spurs anymore.

If we truly intend to be an elite club, they should no longer be a threat to us.

Modric and Bale's assists are low because they're forced to hoof it to Peter Crouch.

MEN reports: "Aston Villa have joined Celtic and Leicester in the race for Shay Given "
Also "Mancini wants the keeper to stay, but understands his frustration at not playing.
Given has already spoken publicly of his interest in returning to Celtic, where he started his career as a teenager, while Villa could also be on the hunt for a new keeper with Brad Friedel out of contract and set to join Tottenham.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, who has also been linked with Given"
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1422189_110m-clear-out-manchester-city-prepare-for-mass-exodus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ass-exodus</a>
Does anyone think that we should offer him say 2no 6 month loans, with immediate recall clauses in case of injury to Hart, to keep his match sharpness? He would get run out in Carling Cup if he stayed but this might not be enough!

MC ID said:
Daily Mail is reporting that Spurs is set to sign Villa's Brad Friedel as Gomes' replacement, which would set aside any speculations about Shay going to WHL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ning-Brad-Friedel-replace-Heurelho-Gomes.html

The if i'm not mistaken 40 year old Friedel..? Not going to happen, Spurs are not so retarded to spend money on someone who will only get worse and isn't top 4 (what their aiming for) quality.

We are at a stage now where the media can bring anything from their arse and it still makes them a profit as people still look at the article with no need at all to verify anything as it still gets people looking and technically anything can happen. even though it won't. ever.

I can't wait to hear of some actual signings and start my long summer task of watching every video ever of every player thats transfered to every club. :P

EDIT: watch me get this completely wrong, luckily I haven't made any sort of bet over this. I'll just be surprised, and dissapointed by Spurs.

Friedel will be at Spuds.

Think Shay will have Villa, Celtic and Arsenal to choose from, possibly even Newcastle!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
MC ID said:

Friedel will be at Spuds.

Think Shay will have Villa, Celtic and Arsenal to choose from, possibly even Newcastle!!

12 months ago TH we wouldnt have sold Given or anyone else to a club that we considered a rival. Therefore is it right to assume that we would allow Given to go to Arsenal because we want someone from them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.