Glandular fever.

MCFC BOB said:
Girlfriend has come down with it.

Any tips from previous sufferers?

There's no cure your own immune system will clear it up eventually! It will take time! Don't know what will improve your immune system eat More fruit veg sardines and fresh fish will eating all that help not a clue!

waspish said:
MCFC BOB said:
Girlfriend has come down with it.

Any tips from previous sufferers?

There's no cure your own immune system will clear it up eventually! It will take time! Don't know what will improve your immune system eat More fruit veg sardines and fresh fish will eating all that help not a clue!
Yeah, and apparently it lays dormant in your body and awaits for another time where it can flare up again.

MCFC BOB said:
waspish said:
Yeah, and apparently it lays dormant in your body and awaits for another time where it can flare up again.

Yeah that's true it's in everyone!

Joycee Banercheck said:
MCFC BOB said:
Is it? I had no idea.
Its not in me. I scared mine off. Its like hiccups. Scare the shit out of your girlf.
I don't think a scare is what she needs right now, lol. We've had a long chat about that new film 'Insiduous' and she's eaten a Crispy M&M, and she's perked up a bit. Let's hope this is the worst of it.

I had this about 7 years ago and its a horrible illness..

You will get people telling you that the glands in your neck swell which is rubbish..

What it does do is attack all the glands in your body from top to bottom, so she will gets aches and pains everywhere..
She will get flu type syptoms ( shivers and shakes ) headaches,sickness, loss of appitite, the full works..

With me it gradually got worse after 3 weeks and in the mornings i could hardly walk because of the aches in my legs..

I could not face any proper food, all i ate was sweet stuff like puddings and cakes.. ( i lived on cheesecake for about 4 weeks )

She will probabily be off work for a minimum of 4 or 5 weeks probabily longer..

If all that wasnt enough, the recovery is the most important part because if you rush yourself back to work it can develop into Chronic Fatique Syndrome ..
( words from my GP )

Even now 7 years on i still suffer from the effects of it..

She will feel really poorly ay times mate so look after her, try and get her to drink fruit juice and eat. If she wont eat they is not much you can do as you just cant face food so try sweet stuff.

All the best..

bellamys dodgy knee said:
I had this about 7 years ago and its a horrible illness..

You will get people telling you that the glands in your neck swell which is rubbish..

What it does do is attack all the glands in your body from top to bottom, so she will gets aches and pains everywhere..
She will get flu type syptoms ( shivers and shakes ) headaches,sickness, loss of appitite, the full works..

With me it gradually got worse after 3 weeks and in the mornings i could hardly walk because of the aches in my legs..

I could not face any proper food, all i ate was sweet stuff like puddings and cakes.. ( i lived on cheesecake for about 4 weeks )

She will probabily be off work for a minimum of 4 or 5 weeks probabily longer..

If all that wasnt enough, the recovery is the most important part because if you rush yourself back to work it can develop into Chronic Fatique Syndrome ..
( words from my GP )

Even now 7 years on i still suffer from the effects of it..

She will feel really poorly ay times mate so look after her, try and get her to drink fruit juice and eat. If she wont eat they is not much you can do as you just cant face food so try sweet stuff.

All the best..
Thanks. Although, she doesn't work. As we're both under 18, haha. And she's already developed CFS anyway. She was diagnosed with that when she was 15.

She's experiencing what you're describing mate, so I hope it doesn't last as long as you're saying yours did. We'll see how things turn out. I'll update how she is each week or so in this thread. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.